sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    Do you think we are looking at a special dividend?
    See post #11151
    In further excerpts from today's investor briefing management confirmed they were half way through providing new cuistomer lounges and that feedback to date from customers had been extremely positive.
    Melbourne lounge for example looks great. http://australianaviation.com.au/201...bourne-lounge/
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-06-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by mayday View Post
    a chance to touch $3 in 12 months I'd say (Donald Trump has won the US election, nothing seems impossible nowadays, it is all rational at the end of day)
    yeah here we go

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    See post #11151
    In further excerpts from today's investor briefing management confirmed they were half way through providing new cuistomer lounges and that feedback to date from customers had been extremely positive.
    Melbourne lounge for example looks great. http://australianaviation.com.au/201...bourne-lounge/

Not the feedback i've heard from visitors to the Melbourne lounge, have complained that its smaller and more cramped....

Today could be a big day for the AIR share price

Air New Zealand from a flyers perspective might just be another airline and nothing special but it is operational efficient and makes heaps of money in its home market from having an almost monopolistic position .......but from a punters perspective it has heaps going for it at the moment and market and current market sentiment will take it to new highs
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Air New Zealand from a flyers perspective might just be another airline and nothing special but it is operational efficient and makes heaps of money in its home market from having an almost monopolistic position .......but from a punters perspective it has heaps going for it at the moment and market and current market sentiment will take it to new highs
    Gee winner, your starting to sound like a Journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Are you selling ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    Not the feedback I've heard from visitors to the Melbourne lounge, have complained that its smaller and more cramped....
    I disagree, I've been to the new one a couple of times, including a Friday afternoon/evening rush hour and it was very nice, heaps of room. If you want to see crowed try Wellington domestic any weekday evening.

The food area is an exact carbon copy of the Auckland one which is a little disconcerting, almost makes you forget where you are after a long day at work !

Top tip, the ottomans in the shower/toilets have wheels on the bottom, if you pull it out from under the sink too hard they can fly across the floor. I gave some poor bugger in the next room one heck of a fright (judging by his loud 4 letter expletive) when my one slammed into the wall with an almighty bang.
    Last edited by Baddarcy; 02-06-2017 at 10:10 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    I disagree, I've been to the new one a couple of times, including a Friday afternoon/evening rush hour and it was very nice, heaps of room. If you want to see crowed try Wellington domestic any weekday evening.

The food area is an exact carbon copy of the Auckland one which is a little disconcerting, almost makes you forget where you are after a long day at work !

Top tip, the ottomans in the shower/toilets have wheels on the bottom, if you pull it out from under the sink too hard they can fly across the floor. I gave some poor bugger in the next room one heck of a fright (judging by his loud 4 letter expletive) when my one slammed into the wall with an almighty bang.
    I beg to differ, they are all over crowded at peak times...you just got lucky...time they have an auction off koru memberships. increase the price and reduce membership and access...they are like disneyland..stuffed beyond capacity. 3.20 today ah Winner...

credit suiss issued a underperform on air today after the presentation
    one step ahead of the herd

Interestingly just a short while back when QAN announced their 3rd quarter result and underlying forecast before tax of $1.35 - $1.4b = ~ 53 cps after tax AIR and QAN were trading on exactly the same PE ratio of ~ 8 as I observed based on AIR's forecast of $500m before tax.

A short time later we have seen QAN's SP rally strongly and now trading on a FY17 PE of 9.67 as at a few minutes ago when their SP had added another 8 cps to trade at $5.15.
    Using an input of $575m for AIR less full corporate tax of 28% on 1123m shares gives 36.9 cps and based on a SP of $2.97 still gives a forward PE of almost exactly 8, 8.04 (to be exact).
    After yesterday's very positive presentation I am wondering which PE is more appropriate and I'm leaning towards the QAN one seeming quite reasonable.
    Applying that 9.67 PE, (remember the 10 year average is ~ 11), to my assumption of profit before tax of $575m giving 36.9 cps gives $3.57.
    Just an interesting observation, not suggesting its worth that or it will go to that figure anytime soon. Disc: Happily holding long term for exceptional dividend yield including specials over the next five years.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine