sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Missed by that much

i don't really care what the SP is. At my average cost per share the divi is giving me a gross return of close to 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Don't underestimate the influence of the vocal few on the passive masses, even the 4% can move the SP and there's 5x more lurkers here than members online. That said, I would wonder about why a yield and returns stalwart would engage in SP discussion as that's irrelevant to their strategy and objectives.
    Some people lead and other follow, it is what it is. In say that people are not stupid and follow only if the points are valid. Is it really on yield stewarts..because in the end we all will take a return what ever way it is generated. We are living in volatile times in everything which is open to competition. I work in the middle market with multinational entities...I could safely say I have no certainty many will be around in 2 years time given disruption risk of many kinds. Be it in the EU, UK, China & USA I see no difference if you are in the tradable sector of the economy and are not government advantaged...anywhere.

AIR I can say will be around in 2 years and provide the return with confidence...naturally it does have an advantaged position in its market place which has again shown through with the latest entrants. It has prevailed though by being a clever operator.
    Last edited by Raz; 03-06-2017 at 07:14 AM.

I joined the party late. I just bought at $2.90 yesterday. Not sure if it was a good move...

^XAL up 1% overnight

Pretty close to an all time high

The golden time for airline stocks continues

And we have one of the best airlines in the world on the NZX

Next week should see a recovery from yesterdays little blip ....and then, well you never know
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hey Roger - over the last 10 years QAN's PE has averaged 1.2 times AIR's NZ

On your numbers yesterday QAN pe IS 9.7 and AIR is 8.0 ---- QAN pe 1.2 times AIR --- about the long term average

Spooky eh

Aussie market premium / efficient market or whatever - its spooky --- even if it's unfair

Hope QAN keeps going up - AIR will follow
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    Agreed with Roger. Those analysts always creates a panic in market and the poor retailers start selling. i have been reading this forum for while and see lots of negatives posts (when SP is gaining and some forum member exited with low SP). I am a long believer in AIR for many years. I have brought some of the shares when SP was over 3 last year (never paniced it when some of the lovely nz analysts downgraded after fy16). now i have lots volumes in AIR which i builded up over the last 10months (mostly brought when many mum and dad panic and start selling) and have a healthy profits of over $100K on my portfolio ATM and received some juicy dividends.

By the way i have all eggs in one basket which is AIR. I'm sill holding as i believe in AIR and its management.
    If I didn't hesitate when the PE was 5 and SP was $1.80 at Nov 2016, I am now gaining >50% already...

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    Agreed with Roger. Those analysts always creates a panic in market and the poor retailers start selling. i have been reading this forum for while and see lots of negatives posts (when SP is gaining and some forum member exited with low SP). I am a long believer in AIR for many years. I have brought some of the shares when SP was over 3 last year (never paniced it when some of the lovely nz analysts downgraded after fy16). now i have lots volumes in AIR which i builded up over the last 10months (mostly brought when many mum and dad panic and start selling) and have a healthy profits of over $100K on my portfolio ATM and received some juicy dividends.

By the way i have all eggs in one basket which is AIR. I'm sill holding as i believe in AIR and its management.
    Eval hope you're not serious here. Thats an incredible risk putting everything into one stock after initially buying it at the top when posters on here were saying back up the truck type pumps. You've had opportunity lost in that year by having funds tied up and other than the the pretty good div i don't know how much more AIR has to run. I include brokers ideas and mix it in with all the rest its another useful tool.I agree that its not wise to blindly follow brokers or anyone on here for that matter. IMO ; If you do only one thing diversify into some other stocks. Have you never lost money in shares atp? This must be a windup; i hope so.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Eval hope you're not serious here. Thats an incredible risk putting everything into one stock after initially buying it at the top when posters on here were saying back up the truck type pumps. You've had opportunity lost in that year by having funds tied up and other than the the pretty good div i don't know how much more AIR has to run. I include brokers ideas and mix it in with all the rest its another useful tool.I agree that its not wise to blindly follow brokers or anyone on here for that matter. IMO ; If you do only one thing diversify into some other stocks. Have you never lost money in shares atp? This must be a windup; i hope so.
    My 100% portfolio is AIR at the moment. I'm investing in shares for last 8 to 9 years and never lost any money in the shares. I had big volumes in A2Milk which sold it when SP went to $3.70 last month and took a healthy profit over $80k. Im still buying more volumes in AIR. I brought more volumes @2.87 last week. Still quite bit juice left in the AIR. I do my own research. AIR management is also rock solid. Smart operator IMO.
    Last edited by Eval; 04-06-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Airline re-rate dated before Investor Day Presentation.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/gold...and-1495759422

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Airline re-rate dated before Investor Day Presentation.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/gold...and-1495759422

Air New Zealand Price Target Raised 39% to NZ$3.09/Share by Macquarie
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/DN-CO-20170601-011532
    Last edited by Eval; 04-06-2017 at 11:30 PM.