sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Will watch and wait to see which stock I load up on for the upcoming divvy season, Air is one of 3 possibilities Ive lined up, but the NZX looks well and truly fully priced at the moment other than a few or SUM. Might get a nice correction over the next month or so, looks overdue to me, just need some nutter to file a few missiles to speed things up a bit.

Banned

one large volumes transaction
    316 1,500,000 11:42

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    While I agree with you I don't imagine there were that many flying in for Adele. To be honest I would be more likely to fly out.
    Yes as would i !, however they did, see the below. They have also announced something similar for Ed Sheeran in Dunedin.

-----

Air New Zealand says ‘Hello’ to Adele fans
    Air New Zealand has announced more than 80 extra flights to and from Auckland to transport Adele fans from throughout the country to see the global superstar perform her first New Zealand tour.
    25 November 2016
    The airline will operate extra services between Auckland and Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin and Queenstown in the days leading up and following the singer’s sold-out shows in March 2016.

In an effort to move as many fans as possible, Air New Zealand will use one of its 312 seat Boeing 777-200 aircraft normally dedicated to international routes on some Christchurch-Auckland services, with the rest operated by the A320 fleet.

Air New Zealand Regional GM Direct & Market Development Jeremy O’Brien says, “The extra flights will provide 15,000 more seats for Adele fans who’ve been lucky enough to secure tickets. It’s clear Adele has captivated Kiwi audiences and we’re looking forward to welcoming her fans on board.”

The extra flights go on sale this afternoon.

Ends

Issued by Air New Zealand Public Affairs ph +64 21 747 320

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    one large volumes transaction
    316 1,500,000 11:42
    Almost 2.2 mln shares traded so far and its not even midday yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    At this stage every year there's another 70,000 immigrants living here...all wanting to travel and see their new home and invite their friends and family to come and visit them. This population growth is something that hasn't been discussed much before on this thread in terms of being one of the tailwinds driving ongoing demand growth.
    Thats your theory..good luck with that..all the students will not be going around for starters. Everything I'm seeing currently is economic growth running out of juice. If you are buying in at current AIR prices you are an optimist. Not surprised profit taking going down now.
    Last edited by Raz; 19-06-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Will watch and wait to see which stock I load up on for the upcoming divvy season, Air is one of 3 possibilities Ive lined up, but the NZX looks well and truly fully priced at the moment other than a few or SUM. Might get a nice correction over the next month or so, looks overdue to me, just need some nutter to file a few missiles to speed things up a bit.
    I agree... a lot more talk of cash out in the past week and waiting for a reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Thats your theory..good luck with that..all the students will not be going around for starters. Everything I'm seeing currently is economic growth running out of juice. If you are buying in at current AIR prices you are an optimist. Not surprised profit taking going down now.
    Holding at current price for long term dividend yield, never mentioned I was buying at this level.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Holding at current price for long term dividend yield, never mentioned I was buying at this level.
    never mentioned that you were...

If you are buying in at current AIR prices you are an optimist
    Implied in post #11363 above. AIR's most recent operating stat's do not suggest any slowdown is imminent, in fact quite the opposite. May's stat's out shortly will provide some more factual basis for consideration. Opinion, conjecture and anecdotal observation of a few flights is one thing, operational flight stat's are quite another. (This debate reminds me a bit of people in another thread saying real estate is about to fall off the edge of a cliff but the stat's keep coming out factually supporting at a national level a stable and rising house price trend).

I think its clear why some people want to take profits at this level as historically the SP has struggled to break $3.20 but I remain confident management are executing a very sound business plan and the underlying earnings are very supportive of the SP at this level based on long term PE averages.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-06-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Implied in post #11363 above. AIR's most recent operating stat's do not suggest any slowdown is imminent, in fact quite the opposite. May's stat's out shortly will provide some more factual basis for consideration. Opinion, conjecture and anecdotal observation of a few flights is one thing, operational flight stat's are quite another. (This debate reminds me a bit of people in another thread saying real estate is about to fall off the edge of a cliff but the stat's keep coming out factually supporting at a national level a stable and rising house price trend).

I think its clear why some people want to take profits at this level as historically the SP has struggled to break $3.20 but I remain confident management are executing a very sound business plan and the underlying earnings are very supportive of the SP at this level based on long term PE averages.
    I did buy close to $3 and i am thinking to buy more for long term investment. Not sure if this is right decision but i think Air is a reputable company with sound management team.