sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Implied in post #11363 above. AIR's most recent operating stat's do not suggest any slowdown is imminent, in fact quite the opposite. May's stat's out shortly will provide some more factual basis for consideration. Opinion, conjecture and anecdotal observation of a few flights is one thing, operational flight stat's are quite another. (This debate reminds me a bit of people in another thread saying real estate is about to fall off the edge of a cliff but the stat's keep coming out factually supporting at a national level a stable and rising house price trend).

I think its clear why some people want to take profits at this level as historically the SP has struggled to break $3.20 but I remain confident management are executing a very sound business plan and the underlying earnings are very supportive of the SP at this level based on long term PE averages.
    Suggest you read yesterdays post again. Implied I would not agree with.

Now to get back to my original comment yesterday...I actually highlighted that it was not a suggestion about AIR operating stats showing a sign of deteriorating however I can see sentiment to the industry changing through media comments flowing from larger players struggling in this part of the cycle. Sentiment to the sector drives matters a great deal in the recent past with AIR share price....remember if you were following Jan last year you will note I mentioned the same line of thought concerning competition heating up for AIR. As it has proven to be the case over time AIR has managed this well.... although sentiment resulted in the share price cliff diving. Possibly a little more explanation will allow you to actual get my original post yesterday. Your comments suggest you did not. In summary my post was all about sentiment not FA or TA.
    Last edited by Raz; 19-06-2017 at 08:09 PM. Reason: language

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    I did buy close to $3 and i am thinking to buy more for long term investment. Not sure if this is right decision but i think Air is a reputable company with sound management team.
    Just topped up another 30k volumes @3.19 today. Hold over 100k volumes in AIR now.

- Great management, business model, can knock out any competitions in the path....

forums thread are for downramping/upramping, Go with your guts and some research
    Last edited by Eval; 19-06-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    I did buy close to $3 and i am thinking to buy more for long term investment. Not sure if this is right decision but i think Air is a reputable company with sound management team.
    You may well be right however my point is sentiment has overridden a reputable company and sound management company share price time and again..simple defied FA common sense many times before and specifically with this share in recent history. Ask yourself what has changed? Is this the best share to hold in this point of the cycle for what you seek?

Many have been suggesting they are more compelling other options...

Eval all the best with some of the share I sold today:-)
    Last edited by Raz; 19-06-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    Just topped up another 30k volumes @3.19 today. Hold over 100k volumes in AIR now.

- Great management, business model, can knock out any competitions in the path....
    Great as you say, but your buying at a very lofty price and excluding specials, the dividend yield is now only average. I will only buy the stock below $3.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-06-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Eval all the best with some of the share I sold today:-)
    No need best luck when you invest in sound company like AIR but thanks..... time will tell . The rainy clouds are over for AIR....now on its a full sunshine.

Guru

Special dividends are just that. Special. If regularly paid they are not special. My guess is you will see an increase in regular dividend this year and possibly next year, all going well, but no special dividend in the foreseeable future. Time will tell.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    No need best luck when you invest in sound company like AIR but thanks..... time will tell . The rainy clouds are over for AIR....now on its a full sunshine.
    Send that quote to Tui for a billboard.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Send that quote to Tui for a billboard.
    Hey couts, please don't temper the exuberance of youth (?). Let them have their fun.

Some of us need this enthusiasm to drive the share price up to 350 ...then 400

The world is a happy place at the moment so no worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    At this stage every year there's another 70,000 immigrants living here...all wanting to travel and see their new home and invite their friends and family to come and visit them. This population growth is something that hasn't been discussed much before on this thread in terms of being one of the tailwinds driving ongoing demand growth.
    That is 70,000 one way tickets.. Flew out on 12/7/17 Hong Kong Air at a very good price . About 50% filled..

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    That is 70,000 one way tickets.. Flew out on 12/7/17 Hong Kong Air at a very good price . About 50% filled..
    Hey janner - what's the AIR share price going to be on 12/7/17 ?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”