sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey janner - what's the AIR share price going to be on 12/7/17 ?
    Oooops The mountain air here I making me giddy.. 12/6/17
    Last edited by janner; 19-06-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Oooops The mountain air here I making me giddy.. 12/6/17
    Trust you are having a great trip. So no AIR flights for you....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Trust you are having a great trip. So no AIR flights for you....
    AIR flights are always in my calculation.. However being mean as cats pee ( and some say twice as nasty )..
    My flights are always booked for the lowest and fastest.. Some money expended not to hang around airports just for the love of it..
    Usually AIR is only on my connection for the return flights.. And yes .. The service and pleasant atmosphere of AIR is very noticeable..
    Unexplainable.. Just " Kiwi ". :-))

No complaint about HONG KONG AIR. Turkish was the connection ( full) and the next connection (full).
    Plain simple no frills..
    Definitely stay away from Pakistan Airways ( dislike strap hanging .. ) Hold very tight please Ding Ding. ..

Not on a trip... A shift of residence for a few months.. Dnipropetrovsk in a couple of weeks time.. Air the apartment kick the Lada into life.. On the road again :-)))

https://www.nzx.com/companies/AIR/announcements/302798
    Very happy with those numbers. Yields continue to firm very nicely coming in from a YTD decline of 5.9% last month to 5.4% this month. Yields must have been very strong in May to move the YTD, (11 months stat's) that much. Demand looks solid considering the shoulder season time of year. CASK will be coming down nicely with fleet modernization / streamlining of aircraft type and lower than expected fuel prices which along with the better yields bodes well for a full year profit surprise. Very happy to hold even at the current price. PE is 8.9 based on 36 cps after tax, ($575m before tax, my estimate) well below the 10 year average of 11.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-06-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

They are good numbers, as expected. A good operator in what is a poorly run industry.

See the share price at a cross roads, if it dips suspect many will have tight stop loss in place to book the recent gains...why give away what is essence equivalent to a few years of dividends now.

Or will be break to new levels. Seems fully priced unless FME & dividend is revised upwards.

Wonder if the have projected excess domestic capacity in the second half of the year. Just sorted 14 domestic bookings over the past week for the second six months of this year and paid the same if not less than last year for similar bookings, surprised. Can't do that on international flights with AIR.

Fully priced relative to which other airlines Raz ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Raz, you sold your volumes to me yesterday so you can relax now and we will enjoy the smooth ride from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/AIR/announcements/302798
    Very happy with those numbers. Yields continue to firm very nicely coming in from a YTD decline of 5.9% last month to 5.4% this month. Yields must have been very strong in May to move the YTD, (11 months stat's) that much. Demand looks solid considering the shoulder season time of year. CASK will be coming down nicely with fleet modernization / streamlining of aircraft type and lower than expected fuel prices which along with the better yields bodes well for a full year profit surprise. Very happy to hold even at the current price. PE is 8.9 based on 36 cps after tax, ($575m before tax, my estimate) well below the 10 year average of 11.
    Yep, numbers (in isolation) look good. However - they describe the past. As well - don't they include the trickledown effect of one-offs like the Lions tour? How long do you expect this effect to continue?

What is happening afterwards if & when tourism goes down? Pommies have less money due to brexiting their pound, tourists in general learn about a stretched infrastructure in New Zealand as well as about the bad press tourists as well as immigrants often get here (no matter whether they are blamed for traffic incidents, for pollution or for pushing up property prices). All this does not go unnoticed in other parts of the world, and neither do our environmental problems ("wadeable" rivers - lol).

Tourism streams into the other direction (to Europe) might drop somewhat as well - nearly daily news about new terror attacks might discourage some people ...?

Good luck to all holders. Personally I would at current SP levels probably consider to take some money off the table, but that's just me ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Yep, numbers (in isolation) look good. However - they describe the past. As well - don't they include the trickledown effect of one-offs like the Lions tour? How long do you expect this effect to continue?

What is happening afterwards if & when tourism goes down? Pommies have less money due to brexiting their pound, tourists in general learn about a stretched infrastructure in New Zealand as well as about the bad press tourists as well as immigrants often get here (no matter whether they are blamed for traffic incidents, for pollution or for pushing up property prices). All this does not go unnoticed in other parts of the world, and neither do our environmental problems ("wadeable" rivers - lol).

Tourism streams into the other direction (to Europe) might drop somewhat as well - nearly daily news about new terror attacks might discourage some people ...?

Good luck to all holders. Personally I would at current SP levels probably consider to take some money off the table, but that's just me ...
    Uncertainty is any industry which we can't predict. take a example A2Milk was dump at below $2.20 in Jan-Feb this year due to fear of Chinese regulation change and look at todays share price $4.13 all time high.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    Uncertainty is any industry which we can't predict. take a example A2Milk was dump at below $2.20 in Jan-Feb this year due to fear of Chinese regulation change and look at todays share price $4.13 all time high.
    No room to move with the current share price, but no worries our Aussie mates buy on hype alone.