sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    You may well be right however my point is sentiment has overridden a reputable company and sound management company share price time and again..simple defied FA common sense many times before and specifically with this share in recent history. Ask yourself what has changed? Is this the best share to hold in this point of the cycle for what you seek?

Many have been suggesting they are more compelling other options...

Eval all the best with some of the share I sold today:-)
    Its 328 now...do we still have doubt Air SP will go up? Why the insto buy Air to push the SP up if it wasn't a good company?

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Its 328 now...do we still have doubt Air SP will go up? Why the insto buy Air to push the SP up if it wasn't a good company?
    You getting richer by the minute eh

Mr P always said 'let the trend be your friend' so don't get tempted to sell yet
    Last edited by winner69; 20-06-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey Beagle

If this keeps up for June H2 passenger revenue will be slightly more than last year.

As H1 revenues were down that's a FANTASTIC effort

How shiny is Chris's halo now -
    I'm very pleased with how they're executing their business plan mate. Their determination to now grow in a disciplined manner in line with demand growth is something of a departure from their approach in FY16 and is something that I feel far more comfortable with.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

2% is a joke...I rather keep in the bank.

If we get three special fully imputed divvies in the 2020-2022 years of 25 cps each and between now and 2022 for the next five years average 20 cps per annum in ordinary dividends that's a total of $1.75 coming back to shareholders all fully imputed or $2.43 gross. $2.43 / $3.25 = 74.8% return over five years equals an average annual gross dividend yield of ~ 15%. Conclusion, provided in those capex lean years AIR pay out 25 cps of the approx. 90 cps free cash flow as fully imputed special dividends then the dividend yield case notwithstanding very strong share price gains, is still very compelling.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

humming along nicely - forget the A330, A350, looking good for A380

sold last week for A321 to fly on something else, but happy for holders

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    It only up ten cents that does not determine it entire future.

Inst. investors also sold on the way down based simply on uncertainty and market sentiment on the last drop. The yield buying now only makes sense as beagle argues if you include several years of specials when capex is forecast to drop off...more forward out assumptions and what ifs to get to a 15% return overall.

I'm happy having taken money off the table..sold 700,000 share on the way up and still hold a parcel. As I'm not an institutional investor with higher level contacts in NZ markets there was no way I could offload them quickly if this share drops again... which can happen just as easily as before for a number of reasons I mentioned previously. It may just as easily be triggered by the next executive sell off...

Can never ride to the top of the trend if you are a larger private investor..you never get out the door early enough if sentiment changes. Define you exit points and keep to it..no need to be greedy.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    It only up ten cents that does not determine it entire future.

Inst. investors also sold on the way down based simply on uncertainty and market sentiment on the last drop. The yield buying now only makes sense as beagle argues if you include several years of specials when capex is forecast to drop off...more forward out assumptions and what ifs to get to a 15% return overall.

I'm happy having taken money off the table..sold 700,000 share on the way up and still hold a parcel. As I'm not an institutional investor with higher level contacts in NZ markets there was no way I could offload them quickly if this share drops again... which can happen just as easily as before for a number of reasons I mentioned previously. It may just as easily be triggered by the next executive sell off...

Can never ride to the top of the trend if you are a larger private investor..you never get out the door early enough if sentiment changes. Define you exit points and keep to it..no need to be greedy.
    WOW cant get my head around owning that many shares! Thats amazing! Oh I am such a small fish

Banned

You did well Raz, no NZ Instos would have taken those shares off your hands even with higher connections, it's overseas players driving the price up and even they would be running for cover on any sharp price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    WOW cant get my head around owning that many shares! Thats amazing! Oh I am such a small fish
    We all face larger fish...even bigly i imagine if you ask Trump. It only reflects a couple of cash up Auckland properties....a lot in life occurs on luck or fortunate timing...