sharetrader
Page 321 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2212713113173183193203213223233243253313714218211321 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    May turnaround by close today looking at last few days trading pattern or am I being too optimistic?
    You be OK .... up by end of day a cert now
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Roger:
    I agree with your sentiment. The present market is due to two things. One is blind public panic and the resulting tendency for larger players to capitalise on these "cyclic events", the other is the nature of the event that initially triggered the panic... one tends to leave footprints in soft sand

The alliance with the Chinese for their domestic market is good news as is increasing exposure to USA. The confidence factor expressed by the increased divy is a healthy sign. Im not saying the market wont fall again tomorrow as stupidity reigns but it is just that plain stupidity, mixed in with a large dose of "drive it lower in order to increase personal buy back exposure"

GO AIR...

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You be OK .... up by end of day a cert now
    Not a bad finish, wasn't it...up half a cent at close.

So the trick for AIR is to open lower...
    Last edited by sb9; 01-09-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Well I must say I was worried earlier in the day at its low... hopefully a slightly different (i.e better) trading pattern from here like some have suggested. But that's just being hopeful.

Still the dog in the mud Roger or you chasing Couta in a newly loaded Hilux?

AIZ closes at AU$2.20, US markets looking bad, Asian markets sliding. I doubt we've hit a bottom just yet much as I wish I'd traded that 2.38 low today..

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Some good news for a change..A new strategic alliance between Air New Zealand and Air China will make New Zealand a more attractive destination for Chinese travellers, Transport Minister Simon Bridges says. http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/air-n...rised/5/230600
    Good news indeed. Now I´d like AIR to take this a step further and start promoting Auckland and New Zealand not only as a destination, but also as a hub for Chinese travellers going to Argentina/ South America. If well marketed, they could fill each and every of their Buenos Aires planes many times over. Chinese tourists to South America currently mainly travel through Europe, often with cumbersome connections
    This is a big opportunity for AIR

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Good news indeed. Now I´d like AIR to take this a step further and start promoting Auckland and New Zealand not only as a destination, but also as a hub for Chinese travellers going to Argentina/ South America. If well marketed, they could fill each and every of their Buenos Aires planes many times over. Chinese tourists to South America currently mainly travel through Europe, often with cumbersome connections
    This is a big opportunity for AIR
    Agreed great news & a massive opportunity. Hope this plays out well.

So the market responds to positive news with a 2.8% drop... What is going on?? All sense of rationality gone because of the current economic climate or what?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    So the market responds to positive news with a 2.8% drop... What is going on?? All sense of rationality gone because of the current economic climate or what?
    She's ugly all over Regi, even Spark has now dropped, divvy next week is some consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    I think that's because this isn't really news.

I'm pretty sure that this has been known about for a while and it was only waiting on approval by the Minister. Any move from this news should've happened a while ago and already be priced in.