sharetrader
Page 291 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 1912412812872882892902912922932942953013413917911291 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Wouldn't be surprised if it bounced back tomorrow / monday.

I also considered trimming my portion of AIR with the good run over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    I'm not reading too much into it but why wasn't the market very happy with these results?
    I'm not sure that it has got anything to do with the update. The update was released at 11.30am but the price didn't start dropping until after 3.30pm. Seems a bit odd.

Fascinating insight into what its like to work at AIR

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11485589

From 2970
    "I'm not sure that it has got anything to do with the update. The update was released at 11.30am but the price didn't start dropping until after 3.30pm. Seems a bit odd."

If shares went up every single day, it would be silly. It just doesnt happen. Some father probably had a wedding to pay for.... Or needed a new car. It is trending up , so lets be happy. Dont panic unless it hits the 200 MA again
    Last edited by Yoda; 23-07-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Guru

A few of NZX stocks got sold down in the last 1 hr or so of trading today. I noticed it showed up on the day charts...the NZX50 index about the same time (-2hr) as a dip happened in the AllOrds from 1.30 to 2.30pm Oz time... Allords recovered when NZX was closing.... also a dip blip on the Sensex at 10.30am their time which is near to 5.00 pm NZ time..

.... I'm not sure if the dip behaviour is related could be coincidences ....but whatever caused it, it affected AIR more than most other NZX stocks ...
    I don't worry about these things as they occur often....Perhaps somewhere in the world, Fat Finger Freddie did an oopsie and caused Mr Market's heart to skip a beat or two.... like a mouse fart in the elephant room
    Last edited by Hoop; 23-07-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Fascinating insight into what its like to work at AIR

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11485589
    Great article

Cool

Thanks Hoop, and nice analergy!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Thanks Hoop, and nice analergy!

"analogy" Yoda, "analergy" would suggest you were allergic to either elephants or rodent exhaust gas

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Great article
    Yes its a fascinating insight into how a very good pragmatic leader can work towards changing the entire culture of an airline into a collaborative team environment, no small feat when there's 11,000 staff, all with their own vested interest and agenda's !! I have huge respect for Chris Luxon and having met him and seen him in action at last year's ASM he seems to have a genuine ability to engage with people from all walks of life in a warm and respectful manner. I really rate him as a very good communicator, strategic thinker and leader.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-07-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes its a fascinating insight into how a very good pragmatic leader can work towards changing the entire culture of an airline into a collaborative team environment, no small feat when there's 11,000 staff, all with their own vested interest and agenda's !! I have huge respect for Chris Luxon and having met him and seen him in action at last year's ASM he seems to have a genuine ability to engage with people from all walks of life in a warm and respectful manner. I really rate him as a very good communicator, strategic thinker and leader.
    Couldn't agree more, have heard him on ZB radio few times and he's very inspiring leader and very affable communicator.

On the another note, just friendly reminder that oil dropped further overnight...