sharetrader
Page 724 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 22462467471472072172272372472572672772873477482412241724 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 20178

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The real hype happened a few years ago with Xro/Peb/SNK/and Wyn (Lots of money lost on those stocks, speaking from experience of course) I don't see much hype on this thread just a few honest opinions on people's holdings coupled with a bit a frustration of the way things have played out, nothing wrong with that or with expressing hope by being positive.
    God's honest truth right there. Some of the hype that's been perpetrated about companies that have yet to make a single cent of profit has truly beggared belief at times. At least AIR make money and lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    God's honest truth right there. Some of the hype that's been perpetrated about companies that have yet to make a single cent of profit has truly beggared belief at times. At least AIR make money and lots of it.
    There is some fear with AIR over the impact of some short term factors and those with short term investment horizons will need to pay heed to these factors - primarily increasing fuel prices and increasing competition. These factors are likely to reduce profits over the next 15-24 months

However those will a longer term investment horizon will be looking forward to the large increase in free cash flow that will come later on in the decade as the CAPEX from the fleet modernisation and simplification programme rolls off.

AIR will be left with one of the youngest and most fuel efficient fleets in the world granting competitive advantage against rising oil prices and a balance sheet to support increasing dividends.

DYOR.

Interesting day for AIR, I sold half the 2.07 package I got from Friday this morning, put in another buy at 2.07 again at the same time and feeling quite happy with myself went out for a couple of hours, come home and what, 2.08 again..... well that's a surprise. Wasn't even a volume thing at the time either, pretty subdued all day.

Anyone think someone trying to rattle some holders loose looking for bargain or are we still just seeing more weakness despite limited selling volumes? 6 million dollar question right there. Certainly hope it finishes green today with the market bounce back in general.
    Last edited by workingdad; 20-06-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Interesting day for AIR, I sold half the 2.07 package I got from Friday this morning, put in another buy at 2.07 again at the same time and feeling quite happy with myself went out for a couple of hours, come home and what, 2.08 again..... well that's a surprise. Wasn't even a volume thing at the time either, pretty subdued all day.

Anyone think someone trying to rattle some holders loose looking for bargain or are we still just seeing more weakness despite limited selling volumes? 6 million dollar question right there. Certainly hope it finishes green today with the market bounce back in general.
    What i found out is that it starts good in the morning and falls in afternoon... So sell in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    What i found out is that it starts good in the morning and falls in afternoon... So sell in the morning
    not the volume today to make decent money

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    not the volume today to make decent money
    a noob question but what's considered high volume? 100k+??

Banned

Chairman Mr Carter buys 20k shares today at $2.13(Nice)

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    Not every day but yeah it seems that way a bit. Low volume today though, surprised to see it drop 5c with only 40,000 traded in that time frame

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    There is some fear with AIR over the impact of some short term factors and those with short term investment horizons will need to pay heed to these factors - primarily increasing fuel prices and increasing competition. These factors are likely to reduce profits over the next 15-24 months

However those will a longer term investment horizon will be looking forward to the large increase in free cash flow that will come later on in the decade as the CAPEX from the fleet modernisation and simplification programme rolls off.

AIR will be left with one of the youngest and most fuel efficient fleets in the world granting competitive advantage against rising oil prices and a balance sheet to support increasing dividends.

DYOR.
    Sums it up pretty well I reckon. The company will still be around in another 75 years long after you me and everyone else here is pushing up daisy's.
    Should be a good sound dividend payer for the foreseeable future.

Much needed refreshing change to see a Director buying, albeit a modest amount. Another financial year almost done and dusted...I must be starting to get old...where do they go ? Atmosphere at this year's annual meeting will be interesting if SP stay's around the current level. Expecting a more sombre mood despite a record ever profit.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-06-2016 at 06:46 PM.