sharetrader
Page 739 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 23963968972973573673773873974074174274374978983912391739 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,390 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

And here's me stressing about my pathetic sum! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Hey Roger, Fighting for the good cause here for you. Got another 17,000 in last 2 days and am now in the green by $1,449.Up Up An Away In........
    Interesting second day now when the stock closed higher with buyers paying up, rather than selling down. Looks like the tax selling scenario was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    .......it's looking increasingly like a falling wedge to me.
    Falling wedges are bullish patterns. I am quite confident we are breaking out into a decent rally. As Balance has mentioned the price action supports the proposition that renewed buying interest is now apparent.

I've possibly now put the mockers on it lol
    Last edited by Xerof; 05-07-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Advanced Member

Just had a fund manager on CNBC talking about US airlines . He Sees them as " crazy cheap "
    He noted the whole industry is different to the way it was 30 years ago ....not as risky .

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Interesting second day now when the stock closed higher with buyers paying up, rather than selling down. Looks like the tax selling scenario was correct.
    Yes its starting to look that way but its early days. Interestingly AIR started the month of June at what looks like $2.22 from the chart I brought up this morning and hit a low of $2.02 at one point very late in June, so a drop of just on 10% despite AIR extricating itself from Virgin at what many consider to be a good price in the circumstances.

Speaking of cyclical's and crazy cheap, I remember years back when NZR got down to a PE of only 4 because every man and his mutt thought the world was ending in regard to refining margins...a lot of money was made from that stock in the years that followed and I can't help wondering if history won't repeat for AIR seeing as so many people think their margins are going to the dogs.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-07-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Just had a fund manager on CNBC talking about US airlines . He Sees them as " crazy cheap "
    He noted the whole industry is different to the way it was 30 years ago ....not as risky .
    just attached my post#7198 here:
    American Airlines CEO claims the industry has permanently solved its biggest problem

American, Delta, and United have all recently reported record profits after decades of struggle.Last year, American Airlines saw its profits surge 50% to $6.3 billion.
    According to Skift's Brian Sumers, one major airline CEO believes the industry has solved its profitability problem for good.
    "My personal view is that you won’t see losses in the industry at all," American Airlines CEO Doug Parker said at the airline's annual meeting last week. "We have gotten to the point where we like other businesses will have good years and bad years, but the bad years will not be cataclysmic. They will just be less good than the good years."
    Although revenue growth across the board slowed down in the first quarter of the year, the airline industry is still going strong.
    Even though Parker, as noted by Sumers, has long been an optimist in the strength of the airline business, his optimism is not unwarranted.
    The airline industry has traditionally been a very volatile business with thin margins and high capital requirements. That's means the room for error is very narrow. As a result, in decades past, airlines have often teetered near bankruptcy.
    Over the past few years, there's been a fundamental change in the way major US airlines are run. After the latest round of bankruptcies and consolidation that saw American merge with US Airways, Delta with Northwest, and United with Continental, it seems airline management has become more focused and efficient.
    Airlines have been careful to exercises discipline in expanding capacity and routes. They have also keyed in on the areas that deserve the most investment and what customers can do without.
    Although cheap crude prices over the past 24 months have certainly boosted airlines' financial performance, it would be unfair to attribute it solely to lower fuel expenditures.
    Last month at Delta's media day, CEO Ed Bastian noted that current oil prices are nearly identical to that in 2005. That year, both Delta and future merger partner Northwest filed for bankruptcy. In 2015, Delta reported $4.5 billion profits while returning $1.5 billion in profit-sharing to employees.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    No argument from me.

Interestingly off 4traders today based on consensus analyst forecast

Delta FY17 PE 5.77 and projected price to NTA 1.51
    American Airlines FY17 PE 5.35 and price to NTA 2.24

Compared to downunder carriers
    Qantas FY17 PE 4.64 Projected price to NTA 1.22
    Air N.Z. FY17 PE 4.07 Projected Price to NTA 0.93

That's before we start talking about who has the most conservative gearing or who has the best dividend yield by a country mile.

Investor

Another day finished with green arrow...looks good from here, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Another day finished with green arrow...looks good from here, I think.
    Has to get up ow where are we ex-divi.

Advanced Member