sharetrader
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    My initial thoughts in no particular order and indicative yield based on current SP's noted are
    Spark $3.41 7.3%
    HLG $3.36 9.0%
    AIR $2.375 8.5%
    THL $3.80 5.0%
    PGW $0.54 6.8%
    HBL $1.64 5.2%
    GEN $$2.065 7.9%

Average net yield 7.1%

This is very similar to my own holding. Although I have replaced SPK with STU.
    STU is paying a very good return, and although they are facing a legal challenge I do not believe it will impact their earnings greatly.
    SPK are facing a huge upset in the near future as Electricity retailers start installing fibre directly to customers and offering high speed internet packages bundled in with their power supply. Trustpower are already doing this and Contact is well on the way, but only in some areas at present.

On the assumption that it's my mother's money, I would be more speculative as I know for sure it will be part of my inheritance later on

Thank you Jantar, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hi Roger, how about Milford's Diversified Income Fund as an alternative to direct stocks? It's returned 10.5% to 11.5% (depending on PIR rate) over the last 5 years. They have a quarterly distribution which I think is cents per unit rather than a percentage.

I have some air of your list roger also spk in NZ also ddr (au) great company paying over 7% , grossed over 9% for aussies as part of my div portfolio and couple others round the place. currently yields me over 8% net per annum.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    On the assumption that it's my mother's money, I would be more speculative as I know for sure it will be part of my inheritance later on
    LOL I shall put everything into Pushpay then
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Hi Roger, how about Milford's Diversified Income Fund as an alternative to direct stocks? It's returned 10.5% to 11.5% (depending on PIR rate) over the last 5 years. They have a quarterly distribution which I think is cents per unit rather than a percentage.
    Hmmm..well worth looking into, thanks... maybe as an alternative to Barramundi or Marlin as having had a look at their 3 year SP graphs this morning they don't inspire much confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I have some air of your list roger also spk in NZ also ddr (au) great company paying over 7% , grossed over 9% for aussies as part of my div portfolio and couple others round the place. currently yields me over 8% net per annum.
    Thanks for the suggestion mate but I don't want the risk of individually stock picking in Aussie, don't have the time or expertise.

Guru

Have you looked at this, either for inspiration, plagiarism, or as a cop-out to mitigate your fiduciary obligations?

http://smartshares.co.nz/types-of-fu...nd/nz-dividend

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Have you looked at this, either for inspiration, plagiarism, or as a cop-out to mitigate your fiduciary obligations?

Thanks for the link. Three good reasons to have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post

They have SKC for the tourism sector in their top ten picks. Maybe an alternative to THL Roger? Bigger moat, do better than THL from increased Chinese tourism, more recession proof?