sharetrader

Hybrid View

I love the idea of Smartshares, definitely diverse, but my big concern is the small returns they have. A lot only give 5%. Which takes a long time to grow your money. Is it not much better investing in a company that pays 10% return? Just putting my thoughts out there, be interested to hear others opinions on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipi View Post
    I love the idea of Smartshares, definitely diverse, but my big concern is the small returns they have. A lot only give 5%. Which takes a long time to grow your money. Is it not much better investing in a company that pays 10% return? Just putting my thoughts out there, be interested to hear others opinions on this.
    Let's take for example the Smartshares fund FNZ which generated an Investor Return of 6.51% over the last year and on of top of that capital gain it also pays a Gross Dividend of 5.40%.
    Which company are you referring to that pays 10% return? And have you taken into account the high risk that comes with that 10% return?
    Last edited by icyfire; 18-04-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Let's take for example the Smartshares fund FNZ which generated an Investor Return of 6.51% over the last year and on of top of that capital gain it also pays a Gross Dividend of 5.40%.
    Which company are you referring to that pays 10% return? And have you taken into account the high risk that comes with that 10% return?
    Hi Icyfire, thanks for your reply. One that pops to mind is PGW, last year you could pick them up for .40, that would give you a 10% dividend and today they are .55. No I hadn't taken into the account the risk of investing in one company. Which yes is a risk, and I see the advantages of the smart shares to diversify to reduce this risk.