sharetrader

Hybrid View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dean@Smartshares View Post
    Hi Banksie,

The management fee is calculated daily on the total asset value. For details of the fees, including the $30 application fee, please refer to section 5 on page 16 of our Product Disclosure Statement.
    Hi Dean,

That is all good and well and I know where to find these things. But rather than try to hide your fees I think from a PR point of view and making things easier for your clients it would be better to just have these figures available in full frontal view so to speak. It pisses me off no end with companies that try and obfuscate or hide things trying to pull one over the customers. Real estate agents are just as bad not giving an indication on price (as an example), it means I have to call and ask and is just a waste of time.

Hi blackcap,

Thanks for your feedback, we take fee disclosure seriously as a low cost provider.
    We publish the management fees for the funds, which apply to all investors, across our website on each fund page and also on the funds summary page. It is important to remember that the fund application fee of $30 is only applicable to those who apply directly to Smartshares and only for the first investment in an ETF. It does not apply to those who buy units on market or who purchase additional units in a fund they already own. This is why it is disclosed in the PDS (which investors have to read before investing directly with Smartshares). It is not an attempt to hide the fee, purely to note it only applies in certain circumstances. Nonetheless, we do appreciate your opinion on this and we'll look at how we can update our online form to make sure this is as clear as possible.
    Dean Anderson

SMARTSHARES PRODUCT MANAGER