sharetrader

Hybrid View

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Not sure how my account is differently set from you guys but I was told that the way live data is presented will not affect me. Is it maybe because I got ML with them?
    I would say that you are probably correct. You are generating enough value to ASB for them to keep you aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    So will these cost savings from showing delayed market data be reflected in brokerage fees? especially if you sell less frequently although have larger volumes? Even if you buy and sell lets say 100-200k worth of shares netting hundreds in brokerage per trade, but it's been 91 days so you won't get live market data compared to someone who only netted ASB $30 in brokerage but within the last 90 days? Hardly seems fair on those who buy or sell less, and or have larger volumes.

The rationale is the long term buyers and sellers won't need live market feed, although it seems like their services to them is being diminished or 'throttled' per se with no specific benefit to the customer, hard to see how it's asb "want[ing] to ensure we continue to offer a cost-effective platform for all our customers." when there is no indication that cost-savings will be passed onto the consumer.
    You may be hard-pressed to find a private business which is going to reduce costs for the sole purpose of passing that cost on to consumers. I think the fees and services they are providing are reasonable and as per the below quote from their announcement you can still access live pricing data when placing an order:

"For all customers, market data and market depth in the ‘place an order’ process is always live during market hours so you have the latest stock pricing information to help inform your trading decisions."
    Last edited by Investor; 22-09-2017 at 09:54 PM.