Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
Thanks for the thread....I have got a wee bit bored so have broken my rules. My rule break has been inspired by the CEO of the Qatar Investment Authority (I attended a talk by the man), who said that you have to reassess your strategy on a regular basis. As a result, I have decided to try (on the Nz market because it is so slow and pays dividends if I get it wrong) a small 10K trade to see if I can generate a $100 profit. Of course I am not affected by tax but I will clearly be hit by the trade fees. I have selected SPK based on TA and FA, loaded the trade at 3.30am my time, it went through so I am hoping that over a short hold I may be able to hit my target profit (needs around an 8 cent rise though). If it doesn't work, then it pays a handsome dividend! Note: my attempts at trades in the past have been abysmal!
Personal with 10k I'd be hoping for a tad more for the efforts(If say for a day-swing trade) ....as I find if your putting the hours in you should be making the most for it ..

.and if I was just happy with $100 profit that would also mean I'd be selling out if I was under water $100(If not you will be trading style will led to abysmal outcomes from taking profits too soon and hanging onto losses too long)

#-Reassess your strategy on a regular basis....

My primary micro strategy doesn't change only modify(better I hope to my goals of reaching 100%+ p.a) ....but i do change my strategy fundamentally around market senitment towards what my companies I have invested are directly affected by ...Gold dropping $40oz etc