sharetrader

Default what happens if a company delists from nzx but goes on another exchange

Just something that came up re PPH potentially listing on the US stock market in a few years time. Does that mean they may delist from NZ. And if so what happens?

Guru

They can be on more than one exchange. e.g. ATM on NZ and A2M on Australian.

or they trade with a related but not the same security, such as ADRs

An ADR is a stock that trades in the United States but represents a specified number of shares in a foreign company.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    Just something that came up re PPH potentially listing on the US stock market in a few years time. Does that mean they may delist from NZ. And if so what happens?
    Notwithstanding the two very helpful answers already given, to directly answer your question.

If a company were to delist from the NZX and fully decamp to the NASDAQ in the US (as an example) there is nothing to stop you as a New Zealander continuing to hold these shares on the NASDAQ directly (I hold an NYSE share directly in my own name). The practical problem with this approach is that you may have some difficulty buying or selling on a foreign market as a New Zealand individual. If you wanted to buy or sell frequently you could do so by having a New Zealand broker hold these 'overseas' shares on your behalf.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7