Part necropost, part obituary: I noticed that the ShareClarity website disappeared within the last few months. Towards the end, they were only covering the NZX, having already shed Hong Kong and then ASX along the way.

Jarden Direct also stopped quoting their figures. They are now offering Morningstar report downloads instead, which in contrast don't provide any opinions on the current share price (e.g. value gap, target price or buy/sell indicators).

The ShareClarity app is still available for download, but doesn't function.

I discovered ShareClarity when looking for picks during the COVID downturn. At that time, they had ABA (Abano Healthcare) at the top of their 'value gap' list, which was promptly bought out at a premium. That earned some credibility and kept me coming back. Since then, ERD was also a good call, if you like thrills. I'm still patiently hanging in there with KMD, MFB and MPG, all of which were given value gaps around 100% at some time or other.

I'd suppose it was money from Jarden Direct that kept them in business, which seems to be a mixed blessing as they weren't given full editorial independence. As per this BusinessDesk article (the un-paywalled teaser is enough) on their initial My Food Bag coverage, they were strong-armed into validating the IPO price. That episode shouldn't have helped anyone's credibility - if I'd known earlier, I mightn't have bought in when I did.

My post here is possibly going to be the only mention of their demise on public record, so I'd like to credit the founders and team for giving it a decent go.