sharetrader

Threaded View

Listened in to the AGM recently. I heard something quite interesting
    Someone put the question why don’t they look at growing cannabis? The response was they were actively investigating growing hemp. Something the media has completely ignored from what I can see.
    If the referendum legalises it then the drug could be a viable business as well, not to mention medicinal....

Interesting product that hemp:
    Hemp, by every measure, makes more fuel, fiber, food and medicine than any other plant. An acre of hemp, on an annual basis, produces 300 gallons of seed oil (for fuel, plastics and food), 3 tons of high protein hempseed meal, 10 tons of bast fiber for canvas, rope lace and linen, 25 tons of hurd fiber for paper and building materials, and, from its leaves and biomass, ethanol for fuel too.

Hemp produces more fiber than any other plant. There are two types of fiber in a marijuana stalk or stem, the bast fiber, which is the outer bark, and the hurd fiber, or the inner woody core. According to the US Department of Agriculture’s Bulletin 404, a waste product from making canvas, rope,lace and linen from hemp bast fiber, this hemp hurd fiber alone, makes over 4 times more paper than trees. Hemp paper is acid free, for a long shelf life, and produced without toxic chemicals. According to Washington State University’s Wood Sciences Lab, hemp fiber board is stronger than steel. When we start using hemp instead of wood fiber for paper and building materials, deforestation may well cease.

I imagine if this pans out it would eventually set the market alight.
    There is somewhat more international infrastructure in place in ArborGen than Cannasouth.

I am editing this post to say I’m not ramping ARB or wanting to give anyone false hope.
    I hold far too many of these and after the comment at the AGM I am simply sharing my wishful thinking
    Last edited by biker; 01-09-2020 at 08:23 PM.