sharetrader

Thread: Bonds

Hybrid View

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Good news cash is no longer trash according to Ray Dalio.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/think...ash-ray-dalio/
    You must be happy to have been sitting on it for the last 20 odd years, staying mostly out of the markets ! I congratulate you for your wise decision.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You must be happy to have been sitting on it for the last 20 odd years, staying mostly out of the markets ! I congratulate you for your wise decision.
    You obviously don't read Ray Dalio's stuff. He has only just changed from saying cash is trash.

I feel sort of vindicated after buying some short term (2year or less) bonds on the NZDX recently. Did not buy enough, too conservative once again (now that I have Ray's endorsement) and got less than what my Rabo account could do on some Infratil Bonds recently as anything less than a one year maturity needs to take account of the fact the fees stay the same no matter what the maturity. Also not sure that I am understanding correctly the figures. Now my Infratil bonds have matured I need to go back over the actual result to work out the annualised yield including fees as I may still have things ar*e about face.

More importantly I should be trying to understand Ray's reasoning for his change of heart.

If you are having a go because of my suggestion where you might fit on the political grid. I never got an answer, does that mean I was right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    You obviously don't read Ray Dalio's stuff. He has only just changed from saying cash is trash.

I feel sort of vindicated after buying some short term (2year or less) bonds on the NZDX recently. Did not buy enough, too conservative once again (now that I have Ray's endorsement) and got less than what my Rabo account could do on some Infratil Bonds recently as anything less than a one year maturity needs to take account of the fact the fees stay the same no matter what the maturity. Also not sure that I am understanding correctly the figures. Now my Infratil bonds have matured I need to go back over the actual result to work out the annualised yield including fees as I may still have things ar*e about face.

More importantly I should be trying to understand Ray's reasoning for his change of heart.

If you are having a go because of my suggestion where you might fit on the political grid. I never got an answer, does that mean I was right?
    Hey Aaron, He's six months too late imo. Although cash / bonds may have more upside potential I think the majority of that has already been seen.
    Cash is easier for mine than bonds, the exit in bonds once things turn could be nasty imo, but that's probably not until midish 2024.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.