sharetrader

Hybrid View

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

You can use the Direct Broking bond calculator at https://www.directbroking.co.nz/dire.../bondcalc.aspx to get an idea of pricing.

Fees/Commissions ex Jardens:

New Zealand listed and unlisted debt securities

Greater of NZ$30.00 per trade or 0.50% of trade value up to NZ$50,000

For trades with a trade value exceeding NZ$50,000, 0.50% for the first NZ$50,000;
    plus 0.35% for the portion of the trade value exceeding NZ$50,000
    Last edited by GTM 3442; 14-05-2023 at 02:24 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    You can use the Direct Broking bond calculator at https://www.directbroking.co.nz/dire.../bondcalc.aspx to get an idea of pricing.

Fees/Commissions ex Jardens:

New Zealand listed and unlisted debt securities

Greater of NZ$30.00 per trade or 0.50% of trade value up to NZ$50,000

For trades with a trade value exceeding NZ$50,000, 0.50% for the first NZ$50,000;
    plus 0.35% for the portion of the trade value exceeding NZ$50,000
    ASB Securities .7%, I was going to say as an online broker who does not give recommendations I would have thought ASB would be cheaper, but you do have to call them to do the trade.

ABB080, I guess the only requirement for bonds is if the company can refinance at maturity and pay you out and that they are not overleveraged and could go bankrupt. Not sure how you check on the viability of a bank. Obviously some issues in the States but maybe not in NZ. So few banks.

IPL010 was an impulse buy but they lease to countdown and proved pandemic proof so assume they will be recession proof as well. Yield was also over my minimum hurdle rate of 7%. That was my hurdle rate for more risky equity securities not so long ago so just proves I am all over the place.

Do you know what are the main ratios or z scores to check for company viability. Interest times covered, Debt to Equity etc. should be a lot less work for bond buyers compared to equity buyers I would have thought.

P.s. couple of additional thoughts do the NZX companies or their bonds get rated by a credit rating agency and if so how do you check this?

Is there an ASXDX list like the NZXDX one.

Finally I should take this to the newbies thread as it has nothing to do with Vector Bonds.
    Last edited by Aaron; 15-05-2023 at 09:12 AM. Reason: extra thoughts