sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    It seems to be all there - I just wanted an outside opinion as I recall some years ago there was a limit on how much you can donate before there's no tax benefit. So from what I read, the limit is based on the year's total salary and any portion that is left unused in the donation, can be shared to the partner or spouse and within a 4 year time frame. IMO, this is VERY generous in NZ's tax perspective.
    Yes that's correct and it has been a major change from the pretty tight limit that prevailed a few years back. Makes giving decent amounts of money to very worthy causes even more of a rewarding experience than it used to be

Its good to give back into the community, its the gift you give yourself, food for one's own soul. https://www.christianity.com/church/...o-receive.html
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-07-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine