sharetrader

Thread: Jarden Direct

Hybrid View

Experienced folks - what's normal with trades via Jarden Direct? I purchased the day before ex date Jarden didn't settle until the day after ex date (2 days later) therefore I missed the divvy. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Experienced folks - what's normal with trades via Jarden Direct? I purchased the day before ex date Jarden didn't settle until the day after ex date (2 days later) therefore I missed the divvy. Is that normal?
    if your trade went through before ex date then you're entitled to the dividend.
    Settlement is usually two days after trade date (I think - unless its changed down to one). But settlement date is irrelevant. Trade date is the key.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    if your trade went through before ex date then you're entitled to the dividend.
    Settlement is usually two days after trade date (I think - unless its changed down to one). But settlement date is irrelevant. Trade date is the key.
    Thanks Peat, much appreciated info. Who should I raise this issue with? Jarden or the company (SPK) or Link Market Services?