sharetrader
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Different scale to NTL in regards longagevity, jobs & revenue. It's a pretty compelling argument for a project like this to go ahead imo.
    Santana has quite a bit of publicity from Shane Jones and the like but I'm yet to see much protest. I'm sure there will be some, but it's likely to be nullified by the current Government & the economics it will deliver to the region.
    Just my humble opinion.
    I tend to agree , fingers crossed that the ma$$ots protest somewhere else !

Big news day.
    Let's see how much they are looking to raise & at what level.
    Anything better than $1.10 sits well with me.
    I wonder if they should look at a duel listing?

Guru

Capital Raise - 27.1m shares at $1.15

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/ap...9453-6A1204344

Guru

Big news day.
    Let's see how much they are looking to raise & at what level.
    Anything better than $1.10 sits well with me.
    I wonder if they should look at a duel listing?
    Only reason for a dual listing is for PR. Otherwise NZX is a waste of time.

I think over half the shares are owned by Kiwis anyway? Something like that.

Interesting that 25% of the 31m is earmarked for "Continued resource definition and extensional drilling".

One without great knowledge (me) might presume that to get this far they already know enough to start actual mining and this 8m might be better invested in a big truck or something. ....And that "Continued resource definition" might thus be funded in due course by the sale of gold. Its not like they will mine the whole field in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by dibble View Post
    Interesting that 25% of the 31m is earmarked for "Continued resource definition and extensional drilling".

One without great knowledge (me) might presume that to get this far they already know enough to start actual mining and this 8m might be better invested in a big truck or something. ....And that "Continued resource definition" might thus be funded in due course by the sale of gold. Its not like they will mine the whole field in one go.
    This is a virgin mine & there will be a lot yo learn about the geology.

Resource definition is key to not have any surprises in geology, this will also be required for a BFS. There are some pretty experienced campaigners in this company and they know what they are doing. They basically need to convert resources to reserves.

Resource definition is key to not have any surprises in geology, this will also be required for a BFS. There are some pretty experienced campaigners in this company and they know what they are doing. They basically need to convert resources to reserves.
    Fair comment.
    Guess Im saying they've had a good picture of what and where and the geology of the field for some time and its not like they aren't going to dig a big hole so just getting on with it (subject to other variables obviously) also adds knowledge. And some of the pickings (from a several updates back) look like easy money which could be used to fund expansion rather than too many diluting capital raises (there will be more of course, some expensive equipment required).

Absolutely they know what they are doing. That said I suspect many simple folk could have told Ryman borrowing from USA might end in tears. Guess I'd be happier at this stage of the project to know if someone with genuine industry skills is ready to challenge where the money is being directed and how future eps is being considered. As that's clearly not me I live in hope.

Regardless, quite fascinating following this one.

Guru

It is a modern day 'virgin' mine, there was alot of gold mining in the area in the past.

Great spot to have a mooch around on the hill up above bendigo and some of the old goldminers stone cottages

- https://www.doc.govt.nz/globalassets...a-brochure.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    It is a modern day 'virgin' mine, there was alot of gold mining in the area in the past.

Great spot to have a mooch around on the hill up above bendigo and some of the old goldminers stone cottages

- https://www.doc.govt.nz/globalassets...a-brochure.pdf
    Cheers Sideshow, comparing pick & shovel of the 1860s with modern mining is like your first flirtation compared to having a family of 10 kids.

Have you been to the Superpit in Kalgoorlie?
    In the canyon created by the modern mine that makes the massive dump trucks look like dinky toys at the bottom of the pit, you can see the workings of the old miners at the top of the face. Meanwhile 58 million of ounces have been mined since.
    Last edited by Daytr; 26-04-2024 at 04:51 PM.

Rise and Shine is a cracking good gold project thick intercepts high gold ... with forward mining plan ...great met ... so many Aussie Gold developers will be very jealous of the SMI project.

.the biggest hurdle will be the local NIMBY that would be anti any mining in any local area even if they never see the operation ...and the fact over $2-Billion will be paid in taxes royalties CAPEX-OPEX .. and the added employment and spending into the local communities will be hundred's millions just over the first 10yrs of the first stage of Gold to be processed ...

Exploration upside in a very under-explored area would surely add many more stages of operation once the plan and production funds allow for more step-out drilling ..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu