Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
'Multi quote' can be used when you want to reply to more than one other post, in a single post of yours.

As an example, if I want to reply to two posts in a single reply post, I find the older post first and click the 'multiquote' option (the quote sign with the plus symbol next to it). Then I go to the newer post and hit 'Reply with quote' as in a normal reply. What appears in the post I am creating is:

1/ All the text from the post I flagged as a multi-quote.
2/ All the text from the post on which I clicked 'Reply to quote'.

Both appear as separate quoted text boxes. I then add my own reply text, and post my message as normal once finished.

Be warned that after you post your reply, the post that you 'multi-quoted' still has the 'multi-quote' check mark attached to it. If you don't want to re-quote that first message again on the same thread when you quote your next reply -to an entirely different post on that same thread-, then you have to go and manually uncheck the multi-quoted post. Alternatively you can simply close down your browser and reopen it again. Previously multiquoted posts are 'forgotten' if you do that.

SNOOPY
Much appreciated. I had never figured this one out !!