sharetrader
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Raising $3m for acquisition in invercargil company BCL's waste collection business as reference above by Southern Lad its a purchase from Bond Contract ltd

Total acquisition price is $8.775m. Rasing at 6.5 cents, $2.5m to shareholders and $0.5m to private.

About the business:

"The business being acquired provides waste collection services and operates transfer stations in Southland under a contract with the Invercargill City Council, Southland District Council and Gore District Council (together referred to as the 'WasteNet' Councils). This contract runs until 30 June 2027. WasteCo intends to proactively engage with the WasteNet Councils and participate in subsequent negotiations and tender opportunities for the WasteNet Councils contract beyond 2027."
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 13-08-2023 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Raising $3m for acquisition in invercargil company as reference above by Southern Lad its a purchase from Bond Contract ltd

Rasing at 6.5 cents, $2.5m to shareholders and $0.5m to private.

Total acquisition price is $8.775m

About the business:

"The business being acquired provides waste collection services and operates transfer stations in Southland under a contract with the Invercargill City Council, Southland District Council and Gore District Council (together referred to as the 'WasteNet' Councils). This contract runs until 30 June 2027. WasteCo intends to proactively engage with the WasteNet Councils and participate in subsequent negotiations and tender opportunities for the WasteNet Councils contract beyond 2027."

It’s a $8.7m acquisition, a $3m cap raise so balance coming from debt

Did raise $4m a few months ago for the Cleanway acquisition

Next Balance Sheet will look interesting

Sorry …was in reply to your abbreviated post which you added to with these details
    Last edited by winner69; 13-08-2023 at 01:52 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It’s a $8.7m acquisition, a $3m cap raise so balance coming from debt

Did raise $4m a few months ago for the Cleanway acquisition

Sorry …was in reply to your abbreviated post which you added to with these details
    Fair enough I was browsing the news and saw the article and didn't see anyone post anything on the NZX releases so thought it was a snippet of new information, didn't pay attention that they had already released NZX anouncements on the full details before posting, amateur's mistake on my behalf.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 13-08-2023 at 01:54 PM.

So it’s trading about 1x proforma revenue and 10x proforma EBITDA. Nothing to get excited about

Shareholders funding all the growth as well.

We saw with DGL the margin pressure they came under after trying to merge all the acquisitions into the mothership. It’s not an easy task. You got to realize most of these businesses they are buying are owner operator lead and sometimes don’t work in a corporate environment with firm structure and policies. The owner operators are usually the main reason the business works.

I like the industry but won’t be investing until they can prove these roll ups are contributing to the bottom line. This will likely be a few FY audited accounts away..

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    So it’s trading about 1x proforma revenue and 10x proforma EBITDA. Nothing to get excited about

Shareholders funding all the growth as well.

We saw with DGL the margin pressure they came under after trying to merge all the acquisitions into the mothership. It’s not an easy task. You got to realize most of these businesses they are buying are owner operator lead and sometimes don’t work in a corporate environment with firm structure and policies. The owner operators are usually the main reason the business works.

I like the industry but won’t be investing until they can prove these roll ups are contributing to the bottom line. This will likely be a few FY audited accounts away..
    Very much how I see this company too.
    While revenue is growing it will come down to earnings per share growth.
    Last edited by percy; 13-08-2023 at 07:56 PM.

Guru

With todays trading @ .071ish and the SPP @ .065 that imo is a vote of confidence or am I missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    With todays trading @ .071ish and the SPP @ .065 that imo is a vote of confidence or am I missing something ?
    less than $2k traded

Guru

So who is partaking of the SPP ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Wondered at the time whether this ‘vote of confidence’ was just a ploy to make the SPP a thing not to be missed …just speculation on my part of course

Anyway just over $1.2m was raised in SPP from shareholders and underwriters taking up another $1.2m worth of shares.

Let’s see what happens next
    Last edited by winner69; 27-08-2023 at 03:18 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The acquisition of BCL brings revenue count pass $50m, adding $15.9m revenue and $4.4m EBITDA

Net debt will be $26.9m

Question is do these guys have a plan on how they're going to reduce debt or just acquiring till its a problem?
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 27-08-2023 at 11:01 PM.