sharetrader

Thread: Jarden Direct

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I only use them to buy on the USX but I don’t recall having to go through that process when I signed up

ASB Securities is much cheaper - I personally will never use Jarden Direct for anything other than USX.
    cheers ... and yes, apparently the process is new and it sounds they know already its not good, but hey, tough if you draw the short straw. Jarden clearly not interested in new customers.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

No need to visit a branch. You can open an ASB Securities account online here:

https://online.asb.co.nz/apply/join/sharetrading

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    cheers ... and yes, apparently the process is new and it sounds they know already its not good, but hey, tough if you draw the short straw. Jarden clearly not interested in new customers.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    No need to visit a branch. You can open an ASB Securities account online here:

https://online.asb.co.nz/apply/join/sharetrading
    cheers - so much easier than opening a second account with Jarden! Obviously - the usual stuff to read and one needs an e passport (which I own). Yes, they take a mugshot as well, but other than with Jarden, ASB's software did work for me on the first attempt. Such a relief ... its not me being incompatible with digital technology ... it is just Jarden using banana software (ripening at the customers site)!

I opened my account and have already an ASB account number - and the only reason it took me one hour from start to finish was because I read all the provided documentation (which is probably sensible)!
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 28-12-2022 at 12:23 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)