sharetrader

Thread: Business Loans

Hybrid View

There seems to be a divergence in opinion here. Do banks offer a better rate (fixed or floating) for business loans?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    The bank will be much happier - and charge you less - for lending to the business and securing over the property(ies)
    Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Anyways, I would expect ANY business loan would come at much higher interest rates than the already high, mortgage rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Nope my overall loan book is a fraction of the capital base fully covered by RES equity = RES lending 5.99% ..

Quote Originally Posted by smpl View Post
    There seems to be a divergence in opinion here. Do banks offer a better rate (fixed or floating) for business loans?
    Best you talk with your bank ...fixed rates will be lower .. much depends on ones financial position .. I've never paid more than RES rates for all my commercial /business loans but then I've got a good amount of RES equity they can use as collateral .. many bank that I've approached don't like Kiwibank / BNZ etc ... Westpac/ANZ been great to deal with over the years ..
    Last edited by JBmurc; 08-05-2023 at 12:33 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu