Quote Originally Posted by kiwikeith View Post
Yes I much preferred Charlie Schwab to Ineteractive brokers. Much easier platform to navigate. If they allow NZ based accounts again I will go back to Schwab.

My worst investment - in this part of the world would be Ariadne. With Landmark not too far behind. In the US I owned a chinese ADR which was the biggest egg distributer in China - until the biggest egg distributer in China (with the same name) came out and said they had nothing to with the NY listed ADR.
Classic lol
On similar lines, PET on ASX. Lots of contracts that looked juicy and watering. Had a strong bull phase and became a bagger. Then CEO starts cashing out and it turns out the deals were sour.. all based in China by the way.
Never again. Still have a small amount stuck in there as it was in a trading halt for years then unhalted for one year and now back in a trading halt. First time ever being down 99% on a stock. I keep it in my portfolio as a reminder of what can happen (and because I don't want to cash out an amount less than trading fees)