sharetrader
Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    If the two signatories can't agree on what the Treaty/Tiriti (there's a hint right there) means it will be considered null and void. There's your exit clause. Racist extremists in the Greens, TPM and Labour have set up this situation. Now they will reap their harvest.

The radical new interpretations being sold to us of the Treaty's meaning don't make any sense when you consider who wrote it. Whether Maori understood what they were signing is another matter.
    So - you are saying that if you and your employer can't agree on the meaning of the contract you both signed, than the contract is null and void? This is a quite funny interpretation of the law.

Look - before you continue with this nonsense I suggest you talk with a real lawyer ... clearly, you have no clue, and its not my job to educate you for free ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    So - you are saying that if you and your employer can't agree on the meaning of the contract you both signed, than the contract is null and void? This is a quite funny interpretation of the law.

Look - before you continue with this nonsense I suggest you talk with a real lawyer ... clearly, you have no clue, and its not my job to educate you for free ;
    Here's a hint for you BlackPeter. Governments make laws. If a government feels it has a mandate to legislate the Treaty to the bin of history, it can. Labour has just tried to incorporate a whole bunch of BS onto the NZ people due to Ardern selling her soul to the Maori caucus and in particular Mahuta.

Well guess what? Ardern and Mahuta have both been sent packing. There's a new sheriff in town and the brakes will be put on the separatist agenda.

Comprendez?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    There's a new sheriff in town and the brakes will be put on the separatist agenda.

Comprendez?
    The thing I found most incredible leading up to the election was that the Labour, Greens and particularly the Maori party were all accusing National & Act of being racist. What?

Neither National nor Act put in place the separatist, divisive and race based policies and laws that led us to this awkward and uncomfortable place.

I was intrigued by a caller on talk back who was in her 70's and said "she had never ever heard of racism in New Zealand dialogue", until recently.

I'd have to agree with her, somewhere in the recent government terms racism crept into the nations' psych and I am concerned that it won't go away.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The thing I found most incredible leading up to the election was that the Labour, Greens and particularly the Maori party were all accusing National & Act of being racist. What?

Neither National nor Act put in place the separatist, divisive and race based policies and laws that led us to this awkward and uncomfortable place.

I was intrigued by a caller on talk back who was in her 70's and said "she had never ever heard of racism in New Zealand dialogue", until recently.

I'd have to agree with her, somewhere in the recent government terms racism crept into the nations' psych and I am concerned that it won't go away.
    It's all part of the Marxist identity politics agenda. Its end goal is accumulation of power and a squeezing, bit by bit, on personal freedoms for the so called "greater good". Ardern became its poster girl, and she has been rewarded by the club and that will continue.

Interesting that Elon Musk saw fit to comment on Labour's demise. He is well aware of how dangerous the virtue signaling fool Ardern is. Unfortunately the Greens now have a foothold in Auckland and Wellington Central. Strange how those most removed from nature purport to be the greenest. Most removed from reality more likely!

Advanced Member

2 very good posts above

Those who introduce racism into NZ want to shut down any discussions or debated about race based policies and preferences by screeching like banshees that to do so is racist!

And the MSM, bribed by $55m of taxpayers’ funds and captured increasingly by woke leftists and losers, actively supported that narrative.

I hope David Seymour sticks to his guns and requires a referendum on the Treaty. If there’s violence, we know who to blame - the racists in Labour, Greens and Maori Party.
    Last edited by Balance; 16-10-2023 at 08:36 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Those who introduce racism into NZ want to shut down any discussions or debated about race based policies and preferences by screeching like banshees that to do so is racist!

I hope David Seymour sticks to his guns and requires a referendum on the Treaty. If there’s violence, we know who to blame - the racists in Labour, Greens and Maori Party.
    I definitely hope there is no violence, should we replicate South Africa's acknowledgement and then repeal of apartheid (Mandela) and the terrible unintended consequences that achieved little, expect for many of the whites leaving the country in fear of their own safety.

Careful of the path's we choose that lead to unintended consequences. I fear not only for myself, a 5th generation Kiwi, or my children, but moreso for the 160+ other ethnicities of New Zealand who must be wondering WTF is happening here after them becoming residents and citizens?

17% of the population have enjoyed a resurgence and instead of rejoicing, they accuse National and Act, the majority who were voted in, of racism. But neither made the policies or laws that created this division, separatism and latent racism. It beggars belief.

No wonder that they would reject a referendum that exposed them to the will of the other 83% of the population.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 16-10-2023 at 08:46 PM.

Quiet Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

17% of the population have enjoyed a resurgence and instead of rejoicing, they accuse National and Act, the majority who were voted in, of racism. But neither made the policies or laws that created this division, separatism and latent racism. It beggars belief.
    Not quite right I would suggest Baa Baa. Let's keep some perspective.

Just 2.60% voted for TPM. Yip that's right, just over 58,000 votes! And when giving some of that tiny cohort the benefit of doubt, they aren't ALL likely to be accusing NACT of racism? But yes, granted, the elite & 'disturbed" certainly are.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post

Just 2.60% voted for TPM. Yip that's right, just over 58,000 votes! And when giving some of that tiny cohort the benefit of doubt, they aren't ALL likely to be accusing NACT of racism? But yes, granted, the elite & 'disturbed" certainly are.
    Hopefully with Winston and Seymour chipping away at Luxon, we can get rid of the Maori seats once and for all. That will actually help democracy and make the representation a more fair representation. Time for the racist seats to go.
    Last edited by blackcap; 16-10-2023 at 09:21 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post

Take into account the Maori electorates and the total population of Maori, the numbers are higher, but still a small minority. Agree, a tiny cohort however wide the net is spread.

It seems a minority but well connected politically, Maori have seized the narrative. However frustrating that might be to anyone non-Maori and I suspect many Maori as well.

Still, they own the narrative right now and likely will face the consequences of being promoted by this now gone Labour, Greens and Labour government, into division, separatism and latent racism in our great country.

Look, the thing is, I've never felt as though I'm racist against any race, especially against Maori who are my fellow Kiwis, but now I'm apparently lumped into some group who don't agree with race based policies that the previous government have introduced, as a racist!

That's offensive to me, it really upsets and annoys me. I've never been racist and abhor it.