sharetrader
Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Guru

I see a opinion piece in The Press today, where 'Valerie Morse' (who confesses that she once burnt a New Zealand flag) advocates for 'deplatforming' quote "as a reasonable response to stop the spread of disinformation and violence".

And then I see the attack on a car dealership today, with evident vandalism & a man sprayed "head to toe" with paint. The criminals responsible referenced a 'climate crisis'.

With that in mind, should the cartoonist responsible for the attached cartoon be 'deplatformed'? I wonder what Valerie Morse would say.....

https://www.thepress.co.nz/a/nz-news...n-september-15

----

https://www.thepress.co.nz/a/nz-news...nable-response

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    The problems with a wealth tax....

https://www.nzinitiative.org.nz/repo...ry-wealth-tax/

THE CASE AGAINST A PREDATORY WEALTH TAX

Dr Bryce Wilkinson NZ Herald 22 June, 2023

'The Green Party’s proposed wealth tax plays to greed and envy. It blithely proposes that everyone can be lifted out of poverty by imposing a heavy wealth tax on a mere 0.7% of the population.....

The bottom line is that sound tax principles are important. If government wants more revenue, raising it by general taxation should be the default option.'
    Thank God that my father lives overseas and i've gifted most of my wealth to him from NZ. Unless NZ imposes some currency controls and Gift Duty back in, this Green Party wealth tax will be gamed out unless the wealth is held in hard assets like houses.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Thank God that my father lives overseas and i've gifted most of my wealth to him from NZ. Unless NZ imposes some currency controls and Gift Duty back in, this Green Party wealth tax will be gamed out unless the wealth is held in hard assets like houses.
    It clearly won’t raise the revenue that they think it will anyway. (‘There’s a hole in the Greens tax plan’). They just do not live in the real world. As soon as it was telegraphed that it was coming in the capital flight would begin,

It clearly won’t raise the revenue that they think it will anyway. (‘There’s a hole in the Greens tax plan’). They just do not live in the real world. As soon as it was telegraphed that it was coming in the capital flight would begin,
    If I recall, over 20% expat Kiwis live abroad. That's a significant population of having ties with NZ (ie. family relation) who can easily structure their estate by moving liquid wealth abroad.

But i'm still shocked to hear that most people don't understand the problems of wealth redistribution.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    If I recall, over 20% expat Kiwis live abroad. That's a significant population of having ties with NZ (ie. family relation) who can easily structure their estate by moving liquid wealth abroad.

But i'm still shocked to hear that most people don't understand the problems of wealth redistribution.
    They don’t understand because they are fixated on ideology. It blinds them.

Guru

A direct link between the very dangerous Greens and perpetrators of criminal acts.

My question is: shouldn’t our media be door-stopping and hounding Shaw and Davidson over this criminal activity?

These are the people that Chipkins wants to form a government.

————

NewstalkZB reports:

‘A Restore Passenger Rail protestor is standing by the group’s decision to spray-paint a luxury Wellington car dealership.

Three protestors threw paint at the Gazley Motor Group building on Cambridge Terrace and glued themselves to the footpath.

The trio were subsequently arrested and charges are being considered.

Spokesperson James Cockle claims the luxury cars sold by the dealership are a symbol of excess and wealth inequality impacting this country.

“It correlates directly to the damage that’s being done to our planet. We’re sending a strong message to the New Zealand people- let’s stand up against luxury emissions and reign in the excesses of the mega-rich.”’

———

From the Kiwiblog site -

‘Almost laughing out loud at the belief that someone who buys a Gazley car is mega-rich, let alone the Communist type belief that no one should have any wealth.

Mr Cockle is of course a Green Party member who recently stood for the co-leadership. He also somehow manages to travel from Dunedin to Wellington to take part in protests, all without creating any emissions himself. Amazing.’

Guru

A direct link between the very dangerous Greens and perpetrators of criminal acts.

My question is: shouldn’t our media be door-stopping and hounding Shaw and Davidson over this criminal activity?

These are the people that Chipkins wants to form a government.

————

NewstalkZB reports:

‘A Restore Passenger Rail protestor is standing by the group’s decision to spray-paint a luxury Wellington car dealership.

Three protestors threw paint at the Gazley Motor Group building on Cambridge Terrace and glued themselves to the footpath.

Spokesperson James Cockle claims the luxury cars sold by the dealership are a symbol of excess and wealth inequality impacting this country.

“It correlates directly to the damage that’s being done to our planet. We’re sending a strong message to the New Zealand people- let’s stand up against luxury emissions and reign in the excesses of the mega-rich.”’

———

From the Kiwiblog site -

‘Almost laughing out loud at the belief that someone who buys a Gazley car is mega-rich, let alone the Communist type belief that no one should have any wealth.

Mr Cockle is of course a Green Party member who recently stood for the co-leadership. He also somehow manages to travel from Dunedin to Wellington to take part in protests, all without creating any emissions himself. Amazing.’
    More on the political history of the idiotic Mr Cockle here -

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...s-james-cockle

Guru

The Greens promise 5 weeks of annual leave, confirm this will have zero impact on productivity. Media say "sweet as" and hurry off to harangue Chris Luxon.

------

Greens re-commit to five weeks annual leave
    'Also speaking to E Tū in Māngere, Green co-leader Marama Davidson highlighted party policy of five weeks' annual leave.

As Stuff reported in July, the Green Party 2023 election manifesto included a promise to give every worker an extra week off.

The manifesto’s workforce section said: “Phase in five weeks annual leave.”

It also discussed increasing bereavement leave entitlements to give consideration to tangihanga and other cultural needs.

On Saturday, Davidson gave some more context behind that promise.

"We will provide organisations plenty of notice, and ensure the full five weeks is available for everyone by the end of 2025," she said.'

Guru

The Greens promise 5 weeks of annual leave, confirm this will have zero impact on productivity. Media say "sweet as" and hurry off to harangue Chris Luxon.
    One of their better ideas. Drained employees doing "make work" like checking emails and scheduling ever more meetings is no good either.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 16-09-2023 at 02:48 PM.

Advanced Member

NewstalkZB reports:

...Charges are being considered?

What is this BS?

This rooster Cockle should be cooped up immediately before he eggs anyone on to do the same thing.
    Tarring and feathering would be too good for him!

He should be up before the Beak!