sharetrader
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That's ridiculous. Quite obviously, most people will continue their lives never speaking Te Reo, if indeed they have even heard of it!
    That's fine though, my point still stands, how does that give you the right to dismiss and belittle an entire race and culture, just because you disagree with Labour Party and the media?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    That's fine though, my point still stands, how does that give you the right to dismiss and belittle an entire race and culture, just because you disagree with Labour Party and the media?
    That wasn't your point; which was most people will continue speaking te reo. I can't be bothered working out the percentage of people who speak te reo, but it's maybe 500 of the world's 8 billion, and maybe another 500 who can but don't.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 04-12-2023 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That wasn't your point; which was most people will continue speaking te reo. I can't be bothered working out the percentage of people speaking te reo, but it's maybe 500 of the world's 8 billion, and maybe another 500 who can but don't.
    That's always been my point here, on the elections page. Te Reo was the fundamentals of the argument and Maorification as balance would say, you say media is "shoving it down our throats" I agreed this is maybe not good, if that was the objective from the media when people felt uncomfortable. You lot proceed to see it as a way to put down Maori culture, calling it primitive and having no place in your ideal NZ, I disagree, I think that's a pathetic stance for people who are scared of anything that is different to them

I ain't a Cindy voter, or "woke" so you'll need to try harder than just say you "lefty" as that to, would be inaccurate
    Last edited by LEMON; 04-12-2023 at 11:08 AM.

Guru

LEMON is just here to call everyone a racist if they aren’t onboard with the separatist agenda. Stating the truth about the Treaty of Waitangi doesn’t make anyone a racist. If it did, Sir Apirana Ngata himself would be a racist. We should all heed his words:

Article the First
    ———————
    These are the words of the first article of the Treaty of Waitangi:

‘The Chiefs assembled including Chiefs not present at the assembly hereby cede absolutely to the Queen of England for ever the Government of all of their lands’

“These are but a few words but they indicate a complete cession. This was the transfer by the Maori Chiefs to the Queen of England for ever of the Government of all their lands. What was the thing they transferred? What was the thing which they gave away so freely for ever? It was the Government of their lands.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    LEMON is just here to call everyone a racist if they aren’t onboard with the separatist agenda. Stating the truth about the Treaty of Waitangi doesn’t make anyone a racist. If it did, Sir Apirana Ngata himself would be a racist. We should all heed his words:

Article the First
    ———————

‘The Chiefs assembled including Chiefs not present at the assembly hereby cede absolutely to the Queen of England for ever the Government of all of their lands’

“These are but a few words but they indicate a complete cession. This was the transfer by the Maori Chiefs to the Queen of England for ever of the Government of all their lands. What was the thing they transferred? What was the thing which they gave away so freely for ever? It was the Government of their lands.”
    However most Māori signed the Māori version.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    However most Māori signed the Māori version.
    That they couldn't read and was written by a European.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    That they couldn't read and was written by a European.
    So that is why when there is doubt there is emphasis on the principle of contra proferentem with any ambiguity.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    So that is why when there is doubt there is emphasis on the principle of contra proferentem with any ambiguity.
    The ambiguity is removed by referencing the original English version, not by reinterpreting it 180 years later to entrench a racist power grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post

Article the First
    ———————

When did I call you a racist?

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The ambiguity is removed by referencing the original English version, not by reinterpreting it 180 years later to entrench a racist power grab.
    I think you just contradicted yourself from your earlier post.