sharetrader
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Major miscalculation by Hipkins to rule out the envy taxes of wealth and capital gains. Can you hear the knives being sharpened to the chorus of condemnation by opinion leaders?

A sample :

"When Jacinda Ardern ruled out a capital gains tax in 2018 it was a major turning point for her reputation with leftwing activists and opinion leaders. There had been hope that Hipkins wouldn’t go down the same route. So there will be anger with Labour amongst some on the left, and it’s hard to rally the troops for the election campaign when the troops have lost faith in the leadership, or ponder what the point of a re-elected Labour Government is."

"Political journalist Richard Harman writes today that Labour’s decision “infuriates its left-wing base”. Similarly, BusinessDesk’s Pattrick Smellie says “it’s likely that a goodly chunk of Labour supporters will be wild, seeing what Hipkins ditched.”

"Leftwing blogger No Right Turn typified the angry leftwing response yesterday, writing: “Labour, ‘the party of the workers’, has sided with the ultra-rich to f*** over normal people, as usual. But then, should we really expect anything different from a man paid $471,049 a year, who owns three houses? Bluntly, he’s not one of us – he’s one of them. Of course he stands for their interests rather than ours”, and now it’s clear that Hipkins is “not going to offer us anything – just the awful, unequal, rusting status quo.”

https://democracyproject.nz/2023/07/...f-in-the-foot/

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Major miscalculation by Hipkins to rule out the envy taxes of wealth and capital gains. Can you hear the knives being sharpened to the chorus of condemnation by opinion leaders?

A sample :

"When Jacinda Ardern ruled out a capital gains tax in 2018 it was a major turning point for her reputation with leftwing activists and opinion leaders. There had been hope that Hipkins wouldn’t go down the same route. So there will be anger with Labour amongst some on the left, and it’s hard to rally the troops for the election campaign when the troops have lost faith in the leadership, or ponder what the point of a re-elected Labour Government is."

"Political journalist Richard Harman writes today that Labour’s decision “infuriates its left-wing base”. Similarly, BusinessDesk’s Pattrick Smellie says “it’s likely that a goodly chunk of Labour supporters will be wild, seeing what Hipkins ditched.”

"Leftwing blogger No Right Turn typified the angry leftwing response yesterday, writing: “Labour, ‘the party of the workers’, has sided with the ultra-rich to f*** over normal people, as usual. But then, should we really expect anything different from a man paid $471,049 a year, who owns three houses? Bluntly, he’s not one of us – he’s one of them. Of course he stands for their interests rather than ours”, and now it’s clear that Hipkins is “not going to offer us anything – just the awful, unequal, rusting status quo.”

https://democracyproject.nz/2023/07/...f-in-the-foot/

We actually agree on something.
    Not sure why you are so worried about what Labour voters think. Or maybe you are just worried about Labour voters full stop.

Luxon 20% 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    We actually agree on something.
    Not sure why you are so worried about what Labour voters think. Or maybe you are just worried about Labour voters full stop.

Luxon 20% ������
    Me worried?

Me most happy!

Me thinkth more and more Labour voters think Hipkins no good - time he goes.

Almost as satisfying as the lie about 12,000 new state houses built by Labour.

Hipkins is polling less than Muldoon did in 1984. (July of election year TV1 data).

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Smith View Post
    Hipkins is polling less than Muldoon did in 1984. (July of election year TV1 data).
    Luxon even less again.

Hipkins at 24% and Luxon at 20% in latest poll. Margin of error 3.1%.

On current trend, the real position is Luxon 23% and Hipkins 21%.

Hipkins has dropped in polling faster in less than 4 months as PM than Clueless Cindy in 2.3 years as second term PM!

To be expected as more and more NZers see Hipkins for who he really is - a nasty piece of political woke.

Quiet Observer

Preferred PM polls should been taken with a big dose of salt. A subjectively based 'question' will nearly always produce rather meaningless polling results.

History clearly shows that in >95% of preferred PM polls, that the incumbent will gain the biggest share of the poll. This is regardless of who they are, what party they lead and how well or not the voter feels that they have performed. Furthermore, even if the party they lead is polling lower than the main opposition party, history again shows, that the incumbent will still usually poll higher than the opposition leader.

If one wants to extract any sort of meaningful 'value' from 'preferred PM' polls then the best option is to look at the trends printed, over a series of polls. On that basis you can be assured that Hipkins/Labour Party should be worried, very worried.
    Last edited by FTG; 18-07-2023 at 09:55 AM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    Preferred PM polls should been taken with a big dose of salt. A subjectively based 'question' will nearly always produce rather meaningless polling results.

History clearly shows that in >95% of preferred PM polls, that the incumbent will gain the biggest share of the poll. This is regardless of who they are, what party they lead and how well or not the voter feels that they have performed. Furthermore, even if the party they lead is polling lower than the main opposition party, history again shows, that the incumbent will still usually poll higher than the opposition leader.

If one wants to extract any sort of meaningful 'value' from 'preferred PM' polls then the best option is to look at the trends printed, over a series of polls. On that basis you can be assured that Hipkins/Labour Party should be worried, very worried.
    Exactly. Not that that notorious labour shill daytr wouls recognise though.

Exactly. Not that that notorious labour shill daytr wouls recognise though.
    Funny how you all call me some Labour puppet etc. Does it make you feel better even though it's blatantly incorrect.

I have openly stated I am unlikely to vote Labour this time. I say unlikely as they have only just kicked off their campaign & my vote is policy driven. Serious brave & ground breaking policy unfortunately is absent from both of the major parties.

Someone needs to counter the amount of misinformation, very one eyed and sometimes extreme commentary on here.

Of course preferred PM polls matter. Leaders get rolled on them, so both leaders of the main parties should be worried. But hey that's just a balanced view that I don't expect even of the right wing glee club to take notice of.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Funny how you all call me some Labour puppet etc. Does it make you feel better even though it's blatantly incorrect.

I have openly stated I am unlikely to vote Labour this time. I say unlikely as they have only just kicked off their campaign & my vote is policy driven. Serious brave & ground breaking policy unfortunately is absent from both of the major parties.

Someone needs to counter the amount of misinformation, very one eyed and sometimes extreme commentary on here.

Of course preferred PM polls matter. Leaders get rolled on them, so both leaders of the main parties should be worried. But hey that's just a balanced view that I don't expect even of the right wing glee club to take notice of.
    12,000 new state houses built by Labour - only a Labour indoctrinated wokester would fall for that LIE and regurgitate it.

But this from Chris Trotter's latest piece sums up Hipkins' disastrous call on wealth tax best :

"The upshot of all this political caution is that Labour will go into the election with very few achievements to boast of, and with next to no policies bold enough to persuade the electorate to overlook its many failures. Hipkins’ refusal to risk his own and his party’s future on a policy platform that would’ve helped to make New Zealand a fairer and more hopeful country, coupled with his refusal to let the Greens and Te Pāti Māori make the same promises with any credibility, have made the victory of fear and greed a near certainty."