Quote Originally Posted by dln View Post
The UBI scheme is intended as a substantial replacement for the welfare system (obviously with top-ups for those that can't work to supplement it).
The current system is punitive and invasive and a universal base, regardless of your living arrangements, relationship status etc, with the ability to work as much as you can to improve your lot without being financially punished for it, sounds like a good idea to me.

Clearly, this won't be happening in the next term or the one after even if TOP wins Ilam, but I think it would be a progressive set of ideas that would get a bit more air with the exposure a seat would bring.

I haven't done a deep dive into the numbers so won't judge the scheme as currently touted, but at least they are looking to the future and considering things that might improve the way our society operates.
The same old **** being trotted out by the existing representatives is looking increasingly unfit for purpose for the next 50 years.

The world has changed, our policies have not.
Nice precise, whether one agrees or not, it’s a wasted vote. A vote for TOP won’t change a single thing, it’s an idealistic crusade destined for disappointment and decades of it, which even then may come to nothing.