sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which party do you plan on giving your party vote to?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • National

9 20.93%
  • Labour

2 4.65%
  • ACT

17 39.53%
  • The Greens

1 2.33%
  • NZ First

5 11.63%
  • Te Pāti Māori

0 0%

5 11.63%
  • someone else

0 0%
  • Still undecided

2 4.65%
  • Not voting

2 4.65%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The way the debate was run and moderated, being fast paced, cutting off the speakers mid sentence, etc, there was no chance for either of them to give any detail about anything. That diminished the value of the debate imo.
    Exactly, it was poorly moderated. I noticed in the RNZ analysis this morning that she spoke almost as much as Hipkins

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/election-...by-the-numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    One looks like a PM in waiting with conviction and energised to move NZ forward.

The other looks like he has lost 6 years making promises he has not delivered on but still wants NZers to believe in more promises from him!

And what is glaringly missing from is the total lack of debate about the dreadful state of race relations in NZ.

I would have answered Hipkins’ issue with coalitions about the fact that Ardern & he have the Maori cabal running circles around them in caucus. All in the cause of keeping them (the non Maori PMs) in power to obey their demands.
    Hipkins top ten words had "Maori" third with 24 mentions. Didn't even make top ten for Luxon (15 times, but then he did say "actually" 69 times lol)

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Very similar.

Out of interest, does anyone think ACT might throw up a surprise on election day, and take many more seats than has been predicted?
    Actually - no, I don't. Just shows that the people frequenting this forum are clearly not representative for the NZ population.

I guess we have here a handful of investors (and its no surprise that most of them are conservative or liberitarian), we have a somewhat larger number of traders (and again its no surprise that most of them are conservative / liberitarian) and on top of that we have a small but loud crowd of conspiracy theorists thrown in for good measure who are often neither interested in investing nor in trading but just in finding another platform to push their alternative reality.

Plenty of these people (conspiracy theorists) did to ACT what once the NZ communist party did to the Greenies. They looked for a platform and undermined a once decent party to push their views.

No wonder, ACT features overall high on this poll ... and while I have no beef with most of ACT's policies (the same is true for most of Greens policies ; - I think its quite lucky that our mix of posters is not allowed to determine the outcome of the national election ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 20-09-2023 at 10:23 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

I’d say there are exactly 2 posters in this site that would advocate what are known as ‘conspiracy theories’ (whether they are conspiracy theories, exaggerations of something which is part factual, or just fringe ideas with no element of ‘conspiracy’ to them….it all invariably gets lumped in together). One poster is from the Right, the other is clearly from the Left - so wouldn’t be voting for ACT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Actually - no, I don't. Just shows that the people frequenting this forum are clearly not representative for the NZ population.

I guess we have here a handful of investors (and its no surprise that most of them are conservative or liberitarian), we have a somewhat larger number of traders (and again its no surprise that most of them are conservative / liberitarian) and on top of that we have a small but loud crowd of conspiracy theorists thrown in for good measure who are often neither interested in investing nor in trading but just in finding another platform to push their alternative reality.

Plenty of these people (conspiracy theorists) did to ACT what once the NZ communist party did to the Greenies. They looked for a platform and undermined a once decent party to push their views.

No wonder, ACT features overall high on this poll ... and while I have no beef with most of ACT's policies (the same is true for most of Greens policies ; - I think its quite lucky that our mix of posters is not allowed to determine the outcome of the national election ;
    You call anyone who doesn't agree with you a "conspiracy theorist". Which says a lot more about you than it does about these alleged conspiracy theorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I’d say there are exactly 2 posters in this site that would advocate what are known as ‘conspiracy theories’ (whether they are conspiracy theories, exaggerations of something which is part factual, or just fringe ideas with no element of ‘conspiracy’ to them….it all invariably gets lumped in together). One poster is from the Right, the other is clearly from the Left - so wouldn’t be voting for ACT.
    You might want to lift one of your blinkers to get the picture ; I could count at least one supporter of conspiracy theories for each of my fingers on this site - and I do have more than two fingers!

Just have a look through the Covid threads (if they are still around), through the Trump threads (dto) and throught the global warming threads ... and you will find plenty of posters supporting and further parotting consistently baseless and long debunked statements based on some talking faces they found on youtube.

But I guess one (wo-)mans conspiracy theory is another (wo-)mans religion ... but lets not go down this slope on this thread, shall we?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

You might want to lift one of your blinkers to get the picture ; I could count at least one supporter of conspiracy theories for each of my fingers on this site - and I do have more than two fingers!

Just have a look through the Covid threads (if they are still around), through the Trump threads (dto) and throught the global warming threads ... and you will find plenty of posters supporting and further parotting consistently baseless and long debunked statements based on some talking faces they found on youtube.

But I guess one (wo-)mans conspiracy theory is another (wo-)mans religion ... but lets not go down this slope on this thread, shall we?
    There you go again!

This has got to be satire

Bryce Edwards raises an important point that policy can be decided by coalition parties after the election. Transparency is not embraced by everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYqqfR2tg8I
    Post-1News Debate Analysis Show
    Martyn 'Bomber' Bradbury moderates a panel of political pundits – Bryce Edwards, Fran O'Sullivan, Simon Wilson, Jordan Williams and Damien Grant – who give their instant reaction to tonight's 1News debate.

Bryce Edwards 44:09 …. and that's where I think New Zealand does MMP very badly. So, we continually have Coalition governments where we get policies that are negotiated after the election that we don't know about before. And so of course when National last got into the government they got charter schools with ACT we didn't hear anything about it in the election campaign before.

Damien Grant 49:23 how credible do you think David Seymour's threat or promise of holding of confidence but not supply and if he does that what is the practical implication of that.
    Fran O’Sullivan I think it was a stupid move because he played a card he didn’t need to lay at this stage. I think what he has done is made people play safe and go back to National because no one wants to have a situation you know post-election where someone's playing around. He could have actually bottled that and used it after.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Bryce Edwards raises an important point that policy can be decided by coalition parties after the election. Transparency is not embraced by everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYqqfR2tg8I
    Post-1News Debate Analysis Show
    Martyn 'Bomber' Bradbury moderates a panel of political pundits – Bryce Edwards, Fran O'Sullivan, Simon Wilson, Jordan Williams and Damien Grant – who give their instant reaction to tonight's 1News debate.

Bryce Edwards 44:09 …. and that's where I think New Zealand does MMP very badly. So, we continually have Coalition governments where we get policies that are negotiated after the election that we don't know about before. And so of course when National last got into the government they got charter schools with ACT we didn't hear anything about it in the election campaign before.

Damien Grant 49:23 how credible do you think David Seymour's threat or promise of holding of confidence but not supply and if he does that what is the practical implication of that.
    Fran O’Sullivan I think it was a stupid move because he played a card he didn’t need to lay at this stage. I think what he has done is made people play safe and go back to National because no one wants to have a situation you know post-election where someone's playing around. He could have actually bottled that and used it after.
    ‘Bryce Edwards raises an important point that policy can be decided by coalition parties after the election. Transparency is not embraced by everyone.’

————

Yes, a terrifying scenario with lunatic radicals Te Pati Maori and the Greens now having considerable sway over the desperate Hipkins, who will do literally anything to keep his grip on power. He will still try to worm his way to a coalition government by finding some excuse to include Winston. The Left are a writhing basket of snakes.