sharetrader
Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286
Results 2,851 to 2,855 of 2855
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    https://youtu.be/UL2CaNyNBks?si=e7_JaVpIzH42TNd6
    Yes, hysteria is a good description MrT.
    I was actually stunned at how hysterical Maiki was over a poll so far away from the election.

Zero objectivity.

It is not a suprise that the current govt are going to bounce around in the polls and take some knocks as they are having to make some really tough calls. I don't envy them, as this first 6 months has really been about trying to get to grips with the state of things and clean up as much as they can.

But the proof will be in the pudding in the next couple of years in terms of who NZers think deserve to govern. Any polls taken now are nothing to get hysterical over.

I just hope Luxon does not direct Goldsmith to do some sort of bailout for this lot. Most of our journalists need to be retrained.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Not at all, but this is one poll 30 months out from the next election.

I decided to put TV1 on to see what they had to say, and was shocked.

I thought Maiki Sherman was on the verge of hysteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    https://youtu.be/UL2CaNyNBks?si=e7_JaVpIzH42TNd6
    Yes, hysteria is a good description MrT.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    They spent 11 minutes on it? Slow news day Monday?

There's no way NZ would elect a L/G/TPM coalition at the moment. The poll will be reflecting the electorate's grumpiness with the state of the nation, most of which is down to the last 6 years. Six months from an election these numbers would have worried the government. Not now.
    The only hysteria I am seeing is on here.
    The denial, twisting the interpretation of the outcome of the poll. Isn't that what most of you accuse the media of?

It's the fourth time in a row that this poll has ACT down.

And yes it is news, as NZF who didn't win one electoral seat & according to this poll wouldn't be even in parliament & ACT with the worst performing polling figures of the coalition, both have had outsized influence on the Government & policy. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Both NZF & ACT are the extremes of the NZ political spectrum and it should be a concern for the over 85% of the population that didn't vote for them, that they are having those on the extreme are having so much influence.

Sure it's one poll, but NAFT wouldn't want to see another one like it so early in their first and perhaps only term in office.
    Last edited by Daytr; Today at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Cutting the public sector, younger family members still heading to Oz and even the right of centre Auckland mayor has been fighting with the new government. The electorate needs to see the positive and unifying rebuilding part of the Coalition plans.
    I view the poll results as a very good reminder of how short term NZers are when it comes to forward thinking - inflict a bit of pain by withdrawing them from their fast food diet of quick-fixes (by throwing monies and funds recklessly with no accountability or expectations of returns) and they howl for relief.

Never mind the future - it's all about the present.

The poll should get Luxon cracking instead of playing nice guy and trying to appease the woke leftist voters - shock & awe to get NZ back on track to slow down the slide towards 2nd world status.

An excellent poll results at this stage of the election cycle imo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I view the poll results as a very good reminder of how short term NZers are when it comes to forward thinking - inflict a bit of pain by withdrawing them from their fast food diet of quick-fixes (by throwing monies and funds recklessly with no accountability or expectations of returns) and they howl for relief.

Never mind the future - it's all about the present.

The poll should get Luxon cracking instead of playing nice guy and trying to appease the woke leftist voters - shock & awe to get NZ back on track to slow down the slide towards 2nd world status.

An excellent poll results at this stage of the election cycle imo.
    https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...is-are-facing/

During this interview, Hosko put together some key moments of the 'Maiki Special' last night. Baldy laughed it off, but I winced.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    The only hysteria I am seeing is on here.
    The denial, twisting the interpretation of the outcome of the poll. Isn't that what most of you accuse the media of?

It's the fourth time in a row that this poll has ACT down.

And yes it is news, as NZF who didn't win one electoral seat & according to this poll wouldn't be even in parliament & ACT with the worst performing polling figures of the coalition, both have had outsized influence on the Government & policy. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Both NZF & ACT are the extremes of the NZ political spectrum and it should be a concern for the over 85% of the population that didn't vote for them, that they are having those on the extreme are having so much influence.

Sure it's one poll, but NAFT wouldn't want to see another one like it so early in their first and perhaps only term in office.
    So you thought TVNZ's presentation was appropriate ? Wow. Did you watch it ?
    No one is doubting what it told us.