sharetrader
Page 278 of 308 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3077
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Luxon : "This is how I roll, this is how I lead"and “I’m just a person who will adapt very quickly and dynamically”

Jeez he talks a load of sh1t
    MPs are public servants so I guess these demotions are part of the wider public service cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Example of a real failed policy - Kiwibuild.

Latest figures released under the Official Information Act show the KiwiBuild scheme has resulted in 2,335 new homes being built since it launched in 2018!

So Labour delivered just 2.335% of the 100,000 homes promised in 6 years. That has got to be some kind of record for complete and utter failure to deliver, especially given the hiring & spending orgy at Kainga Ora.

Going to be fascinating when Bill English finishes his inquiry and presents his findings.

Of greater interest must be how this government refocuses and reprioritises the multitude of highly paid staff employed at KO and its multi-billion dollars budget (and ballooning debts!) to deliver real housing solutions for NZers.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/24...-its-last-legs
    Again wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Again wrong thread!
    Absolutely the right thread - another mess & failure left behind by Clueless Cindy & Hapless Hipkins for the new government to clean and sort out.

Do try and keep up.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    NZ peso is becoming worthless.. the international market does not have much confidence in this govt.

Business confidence is high though of course: 90 day trial, demolish health and safety laws, get some exploited international students in to wait tables in a cafe.
    Your favourite Argentinian peso runs rings around the Kiwi fiat in terms of being even worse, just in case you hadn't noticed

Don't forget to blame Robbo for cutting the real value of the Kiwi in at least half, due to his efforts to keep all fed & in receipt of Govt prescribed free handouts during Labour's prescribed Covid "All Locked Inside" stints
    Last edited by nztx; 26-04-2024 at 01:18 AM.

Pretty hard not to be up to date with your posts as you keep repeating yourself and on the wrong thread.

Ever heard the following?
    More is less & less is more?
    Quality over quantity?

Ever heard the same joke twice? Now imagine hearing it day in day out.

Dilettante

So the Greens Deputy Leader says Luxon is demoting Lee and Symmons because they are females. First of all I am surprised she identifies them as she/her, without even asking them. Secondly I am not surprised she keeps digging her political grave. What an absolute idi.. she is.
    Last edited by iceman; 26-04-2024 at 09:25 AM.

Legend

Pretty hard not to be up to date with your posts as you keep repeating yourself and on the wrong thread.

Quality over quantity?

Leave Panda alone mate

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...HBG2PM73ORPNM/

Balance, any hopes you had of National putting the sword to the media are quashed.

Winnie and Seymour will probably be a handbreak on anything too drastic that Goldsmith might propose.

National can still perhaps pitch themself as the 'good guy' in that scenario, but just couldn't get it over the line because hey ho that is MMP.

Speaking to Media Insider from London, less than 24 hours into the role, the new minister’s language is assertive and assured - and supportive of the media sector generally - even if it’s light on specific details.
    “First, in the media space, is how do we ensure that we continue to have a strong and economically sustainable local media for the obvious reasons - it’s so fundamental to our democratic makeup - and recognising the challenges that they’ve got and the decline in advertising revenue.”The most useful thing “we can try our best to do”, he says, is to even the playing field alongside the international tech giants, “recognising that it’s not a straightforward matter”.
    There was no single solution but the Government would work “systematically through various things that can even things up, somewhat”.
    While the National-led coalition has been previously lukewarm and occasionally downright opposed to the previous Government’s Fair Digital News Bargaining Bill - legislation that would force the likes of Meta and Google to pay for the journalism that helps sustain their business models - Goldsmith is more conciliatory.
    “People make a very strong case for it [the Bill]; I’m certainly open to it, but I’m going to have to take a little bit of time to get some advice, and it’s something that we need to go through with the channels of government. But I’m certainly open to it ... [and] a full consideration of that.”

Advanced Member

Quality over quantity?

Good call - Balances last line “do try and keep up” is a line I have heard from a punishing ZB talkback caller who frequently calls - it’s an unusual turn of phrase - maybe one in the same?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    National can still perhaps pitch themself as the 'good guy' in that scenario, but just couldn't get it over the line because hey ho that is MMP.
    Just give broadcasting to winnie, seymour or one of their flakes as they seem overly interested in the topic.