sharetrader
Page 277 of 307 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3069
    Guru

As for Winston (Jones more particularly) and Seymour - they are their own people and won't be controlled by Luxon. Different rules for them and their Ministers
    2024-04-25 13_10_13-Window.png
    Last edited by dobby41; 25-04-2024 at 01:53 PM.

Guru

3 Ministers being able to decide on Fast Track proposals when one of them (and their party) is in thick with an applicant (or soon-to-be applicant) - does anyone see a conflict of interest here?
    Jones and NZ1st got $55k from the director of Kings Quarry.
    A few years ago Bishop suggested that Jones should be sacked for his antics - now he has to work with him (and trust him). Tall order that one.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    3 Ministers being able to decide on Fast Track proposals when one of them (and their party) is in thick with an applicant (or soon-to-be applicant) - does anyone see a conflict of interest here?
    Jones and NZ1st got $55k from the director of Kings Quarry.
    A few years ago Bishop suggested that Jones should be sacked for his antics - now he has to work with him (and trust him). Tall order that one.
    Have there been any reasonable to good policies put out by this Cannibal Collective government?!!
    The number of kiwis leaving NZ looks to be accelerating due to their ruthless Business type policies.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No I am actually quite glad with what is happening to this country now with the new lot in. I did not vote for National either, but this is a hell of a lot better than that last clueless disparate bunch of corrupt misfits.

The country is definitely not numb. I sense a lot more optimism around my parts and people are keen to get things moving again. It will take time and high interest rates (thanks Labour) are still biting but there is a sense of a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Unfort the corruption is only just beginning.Hopefully Luxon will have the spine to keep sacking.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Unfort the corruption is only just beginning.Hopefully Luxon will have the spine to keep sacking.

Probably still being dug up on the last unholy undisciplined & incompetent mob

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Yeah, I'm out of touch all right.

My time volunteering in Citizens Advice and Budget Advisory means nothing.

I'm out touch with what people waste their money on, bad prioritization, but expect others to bail them out.

I'm out of touch when l watch How to eat better for less, and see the gross excess some live by.

I'm out of touch when l shop at the supermarket and see what people fill their trundlers with.

I'm out of touch when l hear solo mothers with 2 kids netting $1200 a week from the taxpayer, more than a serving Police constable.

I'm out of touch with the time l spent in Otara, and when l revisit 3 times a year to see all the money spent on take aways in the Otara shopping centre.

I really should get out more.

What about you?
    Good for you doing volunteer work.
    It can be hard to stay unconditional and not become judgemental or biased about struggling folks.Its complicated and their are many reasons and issues why people get stuck and need support or help through tough times.There always will be people who can't or won't help themselves but there's no need to lump them altogether with folks who have had bad luck,fallen on hard times ,had a trauma etc etc.Its called humanity.

Guru

NZ peso is becoming worthless.. the international market does not have much confidence in this govt.

Business confidence is high though of course: 90 day trial, demolish health and safety laws, get some exploited international students in to wait tables in a cafe.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 25-04-2024 at 05:50 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    NZ peso becoming worthless.. the international market does not have much confidence in this govt.

Business confidence is high though of course: 90 day trial, demolish health and safety laws, get some exploited international students in to wait tables in a cafe.
    Further cement the low-wage economy.

Not to mention the dismantling of rules around fresh water etc - allow for more pollution and environmental damage.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Aye,

Daddy was right. Oriental women have been the downfall of Anglo-Saxon men for centuries.
    So you are Eurasian mista tea?
    Lol.

Example of a real failed policy - Kiwibuild.

Latest figures released under the Official Information Act show the KiwiBuild scheme has resulted in 2,335 new homes being built since it launched in 2018!

So Labour delivered just 2.335% of the 100,000 homes promised in 6 years. That has got to be some kind of record for complete and utter failure to deliver, especially given the hiring & spending orgy at Kainga Ora.

Going to be fascinating when Bill English finishes his inquiry and presents his findings.

Of greater interest must be how this government refocuses and reprioritises the multitude of highly paid staff employed at KO and its multi-billion dollars budget (and ballooning debts!) to deliver real housing solutions for NZers.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/24...-its-last-legs
    Last edited by Balance; 25-04-2024 at 08:01 PM.