sharetrader
Page 287 of 287 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287
Results 2,861 to 2,864 of 2864
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    But Maiki can do much better than the crazed lunatic presentation she gave. Anyone would have thought the current government were on the eve of being chucked out of office. Come on, the next election is two and a half years away and that us a very very long time in politics.
    Can she ? I'm not so sure.
    Be interesting to see if Media Watch (RNZ) picks up on it.
    Last edited by RTM; Today at 10:26 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Can she ? I'm not so sure.
    Be interesting to see if Media Watch (RNZ) picks up on it.
    I haven't watched a lot of Maiki, but there have been other reports she has done outside of parliament etc where I thought she did ok.

Unless she is usually hysterical like last night and I have just been blissfully unaware until last night?

Does anyone know where I can get the transcript to the news story? I kinda do want to run it through AI now for sh1ts and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I was actually stunned at how hysterical Maiki was over a poll so far away from the election.

Zero objectivity.

It is not a suprise that the current govt are going to bounce around in the polls and take some knocks as they are having to make some really tough calls. I don't envy them, as this first 6 months has really been about trying to get to grips with the state of things and clean up as much as they can.

But the proof will be in the pudding in the next couple of years in terms of who NZers think deserve to govern. Any polls taken now are nothing to get hysterical over.

I just hope Luxon does not direct Goldsmith to do some sort of bailout for this lot. Most of our journalists need to be retrained.
    A good perspective on the poll :

https://thebfd.co.nz/2024/04/30/no-s...n-latest-poll/

Excerpts :

"There should be no surprises in the latest 1News poll, released yesterday, that shows support for the coalition has slumped. No surprises here because the Media Party has been on the attack since the Government was formed, hostile to everything because their preferred parties were rinsed in the election.

TV News was gleeful, headlining that if an election were held today the Government would be out. Thankfully an election won’t be held today. But the Government does need to wake up.

Christopher Luxon has tried to be all things to all people, being weak and woke at the same time. Given a choice between Labour or Labour-lite, people would choose Labour.

Steady as she goes. There is a warning here though. National will have to start doing things, rather than doing the usual status quo rubbish they are prone to do when in power.

Right now the best tactic for the Government would be to starve the media of revenue from government advertising."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I view the poll results as a very good reminder of how short term NZers are when it comes to forward thinking - inflict a bit of pain by withdrawing them from their fast food diet of quick-fixes (by throwing monies and funds recklessly with no accountability or expectations of returns) and they howl for relief.

Never mind the future - it's all about the present.

The poll should get Luxon cracking instead of playing nice guy and trying to appease the woke leftist voters - shock & awe to get NZ back on track to slow down the slide towards 2nd world status.

An excellent poll results at this stage of the election cycle imo.
    Modern vibes (and the three year election cycle?) are about immediate satisfaction! Unfortunately good government is about long term planning and solutions. Rome wasn’t built in a day, although it was indeed sacked in a day several times…

I think we should go the US congress route - 1/3 of the House of Representatives should come up for election every 2 years.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Today at 10:48 AM.