sharetrader
Page 233 of 282 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2813

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Envy will get you nowhere as you know, davflaws.

Best you keep to your do-gooder deeds and the Maorification of NZ - what gives you the greatest pleasure in life. Basically, achieving fxxk all but worse outcomes for your victims … clients.
    Thank you for your wise advice. I am very happy where I am and I don't want to go and live in the Whitsundays.

I just wish you would.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Thank you for your wise advice. I am very happy where I am and I don't want to go and live in the Whitsundays.

I just wish you would.
    You along with all the Labour apologists and supporters.

Your wish is like Ardern’s Kiwibuild.

You expect us to leave the likes of you & Labour/Green/Maori to continue to create victims out there without any accountability?

Six years of the BS and spin and you still cannot get enough!

Stunning!
    Last edited by Balance; 29-03-2024 at 08:01 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Asked my Personal AIssistant to give a critical review of Labour 2017 - 2023:

[snip]

In summary, the Labour government's term was a litany of missed opportunities, unfulfilled promises, and policy missteps. The gulf between the government's ambitious rhetoric and the tangible outcomes for New Zealanders has only widened, leaving a legacy of disillusionment and frustration in its wake.
    AI is very sensitive to the actual prompts you give it, for example, if you asked "what have been the failings of the Labour government of NZ", one would expect a response that you have posted.

If you asked a more nuanced question (assuming your AI can access websites), "what contrasts are there from what the Labour party of NZ promised, and said that they have achieved (here at https://www.labour.org.nz/), against what was actually achieved?"

Try that, or some variants of it. Try to make sure that your prompts don't elicit an apparently biased response, make your AI reason between promise and reality.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    AI is very sensitive to the actual prompts you give it, for example, if you asked "what have been the failings of the Labour government of NZ", one would expect a response that you have posted.

If you asked a more nuanced question (assuming your AI can access websites), "what contrasts are there from what the Labour party of NZ promised, and said that they have achieved (here at https://www.labour.org.nz/), against what was actually achieved?"

Try that, or some variants of it. Try to make sure that your prompts don't elicit an apparently biased response, make your AI reason between promise and reality.
    You are right, and I juggled with numerous questions about labour performance before sharing that one.

The general theme of response was the same regardless of how I asked.

Let me try your suggestion and see what it spits out.

Guru

Between 2017 and 2023, the Labour Party in New Zealand, under the leadership of Jacinda Ardern and then Chris Hipkins, made several key promises across various sectors, including housing, child poverty, healthcare, climate change, and public transport. While the party claimed achievements in these areas, there were contrasts between the promises made and the perceived outcomes or achievements. Here are some notable contrasts:

HousingPromise: Labour pledged to address the housing crisis through initiatives like KiwiBuild, aiming to build 100,000 affordable houses over a decade.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: KiwiBuild fell significantly short of its targets, leading to a reset of the programme. While the government made efforts to increase housing supply and reform planning laws, the crisis of affordability and availability persisted, with critics pointing out that the measures did not meet the scale of the problem.

Child PovertyPromise: Reducing child poverty was a central goal, with promises to significantly cut poverty rates through various welfare reforms and initiatives.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: There was some progress in reducing child poverty by certain measures; however, critics argue that the changes were not as transformative as hoped. The persistence of poverty for many children indicated that the initiatives did not go far enough to address systemic issues.

HealthcarePromise: Promised to improve access to healthcare and mental health services, including a significant increase in funding for mental health.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: Despite increases in funding and initiatives aimed at expanding access to services, the healthcare system continued to face challenges, including long wait times and staffing shortages. The mental health sector, in particular, struggled to meet the increased demand for services.

Climate ChangePromise: Labour promised ambitious climate action, including the Zero Carbon Bill and initiatives to reduce emissions and transition to renewable energy.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: While legislative progress was made, including the passing of the Zero Carbon Act, critics argued that the government's actions on the ground were not sufficient to meet its ambitious targets, with continued reliance on some fossil fuels and slow progress in reducing emissions.

Public Transport and InfrastructurePromise: Promised significant investment in public transport and infrastructure, including light rail projects in Auckland.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: Some infrastructure projects faced delays, cost overruns, and scaling back, notably the Auckland Light Rail project. While investments were made, the execution and delivery of these projects often fell short of initial promises, leading to dissatisfaction among those expecting transformative change.

Summary

The Labour Party made significant promises in key areas critical to New Zealanders' well-being and the country's future. While the government claimed achievements in these areas, the reality often fell short of the expectations set by their initial promises. These contrasts reflect the complexities and challenges of governing, where ambitious goals meet the practicalities of implementation, funding, and unforeseen obstacles.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 29-03-2024 at 08:37 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Between 2017 and 2023, the Labour Party in New Zealand, under the leadership of Jacinda Ardern and then Chris Hipkins, made several key promises across various sectors, including housing, child poverty, healthcare, climate change, and public transport. While the party claimed achievements in these areas, there were contrasts between the promises made and the perceived outcomes or achievements. Here are some notable contrasts:

HousingPromise: Labour pledged to address the housing crisis through initiatives like KiwiBuild, aiming to build 100,000 affordable houses over a decade.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: KiwiBuild fell significantly short of its targets, leading to a reset of the programme. While the government made efforts to increase housing supply and reform planning laws, the crisis of affordability and availability persisted, with critics pointing out that the measures did not meet the scale of the problem.

Child PovertyPromise: Reducing child poverty was a central goal, with promises to significantly cut poverty rates through various welfare reforms and initiatives.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: There was some progress in reducing child poverty by certain measures; however, critics argue that the changes were not as transformative as hoped. The persistence of poverty for many children indicated that the initiatives did not go far enough to address systemic issues.

HealthcarePromise: Promised to improve access to healthcare and mental health services, including a significant increase in funding for mental health.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: Despite increases in funding and initiatives aimed at expanding access to services, the healthcare system continued to face challenges, including long wait times and staffing shortages. The mental health sector, in particular, struggled to meet the increased demand for services.

Climate ChangePromise: Labour promised ambitious climate action, including the Zero Carbon Bill and initiatives to reduce emissions and transition to renewable energy.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: While legislative progress was made, including the passing of the Zero Carbon Act, critics argued that the government's actions on the ground were not sufficient to meet its ambitious targets, with continued reliance on some fossil fuels and slow progress in reducing emissions.

Public Transport and InfrastructurePromise: Promised significant investment in public transport and infrastructure, including light rail projects in Auckland.

Perceived Achievement vs. Reality: Some infrastructure projects faced delays, cost overruns, and scaling back, notably the Auckland Light Rail project. While investments were made, the execution and delivery of these projects often fell short of initial promises, leading to dissatisfaction among those expecting transformative change.

Summary

The Labour Party made significant promises in key areas critical to New Zealanders' well-being and the country's future. While the government claimed achievements in these areas, the reality often fell short of the expectations set by their initial promises. These contrasts reflect the complexities and challenges of governing, where ambitious goals meet the practicalities of implementation, funding, and unforeseen obstacles.
    I'm guessing ChatGPT4 right? pretty impressive, that it can discern between promise and reality. Try asking it to "... same question, but ... do not summarise. Provide a long-hand description of every instance with all relevant details, where the promise was made but not met or achieved by the actual implementation or outcome". You might have to include the website URL's as reference.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I'm guessing ChatGPT4 right? pretty impressive, that it can discern between promise and reality. Try asking it to "... same question, but ... do not summarise. Provide a long-hand description of every instance with all relevant details, where the promise was made but not met or achieved by the actual implementation or outcome". You might have to include the website URL's as reference.
    Yes GPT-4. It is an amazing tool. GPT-5 coming out later this year I think and if things are only going to try better from here then man oh man am I excited about the future.

I will run a query for more detail, but one limitation is it will not read website if I give it a link.

It does surf the internet (using Bing) but its knowledge ends April 2023 at the moment I think.

Guru

Given the constraints of my current capabilities, including the inability to access real-time data, updates, or specific documents from external sources such as the Labour Party's website or governmental records, I'll elaborate on the known key promises and initiatives from the Labour government in New Zealand between 2017 and 2023, to the best of my ability and based on publicly available information up to April 2023.

Housing

KiwiBuild: Aimed to build 100,000 affordable homes over ten years for first home buyers.
    Outcome: The programme struggled to meet its targets due to various challenges, including land acquisition, construction costs, and demand in targeted locations. By 2021, a fraction of the intended homes were completed, leading to a programme reset and refocusing on broader housing policies.

Urban Development: Legislation aimed at improving housing affordability and availability.
    Outcome: Changes were made to streamline the building process and improve urban development, but housing affordability remains a critical issue, with prices continuing to rise in many areas.

Child Poverty Reduction
    Families Package: Increased welfare payments and tax credits aimed at supporting low-income families.
    Outcome: This initiative reportedly lifted tens of thousands of children out of poverty, though critics argue that the extent of these measures did not fully address the broader systemic issues.

School Lunch Program: Aimed to provide free lunches in schools to tackle child poverty.
    Outcome: The program was rolled out, providing meals to thousands of students, but debates about scalability and long-term funding persisted.

Climate Change

Zero Carbon Bill: Set a target for New Zealand to become carbon neutral by 2050.
    Outcome: Passed into law, establishing the Climate Change Commission for oversight. However, critics highlight a need for more immediate action plans and question the pace of progress toward the 2050 goal.

Green Investment Fund: Aimed to stimulate investment in sustainable projects.
    Outcome: The fund was established, investing in various green initiatives, but the overall impact on reducing emissions remains under scrutiny.

Healthcare

Mental Health: Promised significant investment in mental health services.
    Outcome: Funding was allocated to various mental health initiatives, though service delivery faced challenges, including staffing shortages and access issues.

Primary Healthcare: Aimed to increase access and reduce costs for primary healthcare.
    Outcome: Some fees were reduced, and access improved for certain groups, but the healthcare system continues to face pressure, including from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Education

Free Tertiary Education: First year of tertiary education made free.
    Outcome: Implemented, but the future of the policy became uncertain, with the government pausing its extension due to budgetary constraints.

School Infrastructure: Significant investment in school buildings and facilities.
    Outcome: Investments were made, though some projects faced delays and the challenge of meeting the needs of a growing student population.

Transport and Infrastructure

Auckland Light Rail: Proposed to build light rail lines in Auckland to reduce congestion.
    Outcome: The project faced significant delays, debate, and was eventually put on hold, with criticism over the planning process and cost projections.

Public Transport Investment: Increased funding for public transport across the country.
    Outcome: While investments were made, the pace of improvement and expansion of services, such as bus and rail, varied regionally.

COVID-19 Response

Lockdowns and Border Closures: Implemented to control the spread of COVID-19.
    Outcome: New Zealand was initially successful in controlling the virus, but the economic and social impact of prolonged lockdowns was significant.

Vaccine Rollout: Aimed to vaccinate the population against COVID-19.
    Outcome: Faced initial delays but eventually covered a significant portion of the population. The strategy included measures to reach remote and vulnerable communities.

This detailed account showcases the complexities and challenges faced by the Labour government in New Zealand from 2017 to 2023. Achievements in certain areas were often counterbalanced by setbacks or criticisms regarding the scale, pace, or effectiveness of initiatives, reflecting the multifaceted nature of governance and policy implementation.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 30-03-2024 at 06:39 AM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So very very satisfying to have panda-nz and JT in Ignore.
    Yeah right...TUI

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...CNPU5HPQOY3V4/

Hipkins “We should be a first world country”.

LOL. Yeah mate, the whole country agrees - that’s why your lot got slammed in the last election