sharetrader
Page 276 of 307 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3069

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What I posted a few days ago :

NZers knew what they were doing when they voted in ACT & NZF - National has not learnt from its 6 years in the wilderness that NZers want change -real change.
    And yet NZF & ACT got a very small proportion of the vote when compared to the major parties & even less if you throw the Greens in.

So it suggests the majority of New Zealanders want change but not the extreme change NZF & ACT are advocating for.

Guru

What I posted a few days ago :

NZers knew what they were doing when they voted in ACT & NZF - National has not learnt from its 6 years in the wilderness that NZers want change -real change.
    Yeah, very true.

The more Luxon talks the more necessary the coalition partners become it seems.

I am sure he is a nice enough guy, but he does not strike me as someone who will stick to his principles under MSM and public pressure.

As she should be. A great opportunity to put the sword to the MSM and she stuffed it up!
    If you think that's why she was sacked you are delusional.

Luxon is far more balanced than the likes of yourself & understands the fourth estate is a critical part of any healthy democracy and unlike Winston he's not interested in creating just an echo chamber of shock jocks.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    If you think that's why she was sacked you are delusional.

Luxon is far more balanced than the likes of yourself & understands the fourth estate is a critical part of any healthy democracy and unlike Winston he's not interested in creating just an echo chamber of shock jocks.
    I agree that Luxon will not be putting the sword to anything. And as much as I dislike elements of MSM, any final death blow (if there is such a thing) should not come from govt.

So the question then is what (if anything) should the govt be doing? Luxon has decided that doing nothing (which seemed to be Lee’s approach) is not good enough.

What will he do then instead? Will he end up giving taxpayer money to help them?

As a result will they start giving favourable reporting to the coalition? I hope not.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I agree that Luxon will not be putting the sword to anything. And as much as I dislike elements of MSM, any final death blow (if there is such a thing) should not come from govt.

So the question then is what (if anything) should the govt be doing? Luxon has decided that doing nothing (which seemed to be Lee’s approach) is not good enough.

What will he do then instead? Will he end up giving taxpayer money to help them?

As a result will they start giving favourable reporting to the coalition? I hope not.
    Why should the government fund media at all? That is not necessary. If a democracy wants a thriving media, it will fund one. There is no reason ever that a government should fund media. Ever.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Why should the government fund media at all? That is not necessary. If a democracy wants a thriving media, it will fund one. There is no reason ever that a government should fund media. Ever.
    Aye, and it creates all sorts of issues anyway.

But Luxon will not live and die by such principles I doubt.

All we can do now is wait and see what he does.

Melissa is a bit of a MILF though. Did he really need to sack her? Damn.

Daddy was right. Oriental women have been the downfall of Anglo-Saxon men for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That's a very simplistic view of things.
    Most countries have state funded media and in many cases those stations produce the best quality news as they aren't about chasing the advertising dollar or click bait.

I see it again and again people on here wanting to see what is behind a paywall as they won't pay a measly $200 a year, but still want to see the article.

I also see here again & again the very people lambasting MSM linking stories from MSM.

Icons like RNZ that don't just report the news but do interest pieces on regional NZ, different business sectors including a lot on farming or perhaps its the arts or delving into history so like today we don't forget.

These aren't necessarily economic to produce, but it doesn't mean it's less important. Dollars & cents does not always equate to quality journalism.

You just have to look at the Kardashians to know where the world has gone, but it doesn't mean we should lose what is a critical piece of democracy.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Another mess for the new government to sort out and it is urgent, life-threatening and puts a lie to Ardern's claim that saving lives of are her & Labour's priority.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/flawed...GCMHKKEDBSWPA/

"The Government was warned a year ago the 111 emergency call system is so old, slow and fragmented that it is causing deaths and injuries, police documents show.

But the Labour government dropped a project in August to replace the system, which is shared between police and Fire and Emergency.

The shortcomings of the 25-year-old system have been revealed in papers newly released under the Official Information Act that show both agencies made the plea that there was an “urgent” and “pressing” need to replace it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ardern & Robertson spraying and wasting money - forget about prioritizing spending on what's really important.

Last edited by Balance; 25-04-2024 at 11:17 AM.

Guru

Lol - devotee of Clueless Cindy should not expect anything other than failed policies from Labour.
    You keep trying to bring Labour in to this - this thread is about National and the Coalition.
    Do you expect much from them?
    We know you don't expect to change things to keep NZers in NZ - they won't even pay people properly.

Guru

As she should be. A great opportunity to put the sword to the MSM and she stuffed it up!
    You want a Govt to control the media?
    Bad you!