sharetrader
Page 220 of 314 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 3132

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Read carefully, Daytr.

I wrote fxxk them - the gangs and fat cat Maori elites. Fxxked them twice for the divisiveness and crime they brought to NZ for their selfish ends.

And property prices are not down 20% - don’t you read properly? 13% and another 20% would be good if we care truly about affordable housing in NZ.

And let’s go ahead and bring in a CGT - it is high time NZ broadens its tax base and introduce fairness across NZ tax base. How can it right for owners to sell their companies for millions of dollars in gains but pay no tax at all?
    You have just underlined my point. Language is key. "Them" could have been interpreted as Maori. I assumed you weren't, but thanks for the help.

It depends what region and period you are talking about. But from its peak I belive its more than 13% across the country as a median.

I'm surprised you brought up a CGT & I'm almost looking for catch or gotchya moment as it seems totally out of character for you. But I couldn't agree more that we need one.

You seem to be quite keyed in to a number of players in the political scene? Are you warming us up for something? I actually think National would swing a few center lefts if they did as it would show some character. Although they might struggle getting it through as ACT wouldn't back it, not sure about NZF.
    Perhaps Labour & the Greens would actually get off their podiums and provide bipartisan support. Unlikely.

Good stuff as far as Australia is concerned.

One police station in South Auckland saw a wholesale exodus of police personnel to Australia according to TV3 AM.

Australia is targeting officers with several years’ experience - let NZ train the rookies and let them continue to be underpaid relative to Australia.

Very predictable that NZ will lose ever more experienced police officers over the next 15 years - why should any young officers waste their time and risk their lives over here serving in underpaid jobs where racial considerations are more important than controlling crims and gangs.

Good luck to them and too bad for NZ.
    So it begs the question why isn't NAFT giving the police a better salary? The $50k is actually around $55k total package & that's just while they are in training college.
    Last edited by Daytr; 23-03-2024 at 08:20 AM.

Complete abuse of power.
    Labour used the fast track system during an extreme time globally & even then projects had to be "shovel ready" I.e consented.

Consolidating power to the minister for approval of large scale projects, skirting environmental rigor especially to a minister who has already said he doesn't care about the environment, is irresponsible and dangerous.

Having such a shallow pool of 'experts' to advise that are appointed, is a process open to abuse. Applying directly to the minister is again, open to abuse.

I am all for red tape being cut, but the process must still withstand scrutiny and be independent. Here we have a bunch of guys who are very pro development no matter the environmental cost having sweeping powers. That is not independent.

Did anyone see these sweeping powers being campaigned on? No.

This is an authoritarian power grab and it's a very dangerous precedent.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...DZf81kvmm6h-nA

Complete abuse of power - Nov 2022 : 24 bills rammed through under urgency.

Hiding in them was of course the 3 Waters bill to transfer councils’ water assets to Maori co-governance. Nothing to do with Covid but everything to do with Ardern & Hipkins wanting to appease the Maori cabal against the wishes of the majority of NZers.

Residential Tenancies (Healthy Homes Standards) Amendment Bill All stages
    Land Transport (Clean Vehicles) Amendment Bill (No 2) All stages
    Social Security (Accommodation Supplement) Amendment Bill All stages

COVID-19 Public Health Response (Extension of Act and Reduction of Powers) Amendment Bill All stages
    Dairy Industry Restructuring (Fonterra Capital Restructuring) Amendment Bill Committee stage, third reading
    Climate Change Response (Extension of Penalty Transition for Forestry Activities with Low Volume Emissions Liabilities) Amendment Bill Committee stage, third reading

Arms (Licence Holders' Applications for New Licences) Amendment Bill Second reading, committee stage, third reading
    Companies (Levies) Amendment Bill Committee stage, third reading
    Grocery Industry Competition Bill First reading

Water Services Entities Bill Committee stage

Fuel Industry Amendment Bill First reading
    Crown Minerals Amendment Bill First reading
    Local Government Official Information and Meetings Amendment Bill First reading

Legal Services Amendment Bill First reading
    Accident Compensation (Access Reporting and Other Matters) Amendment Bill First reading
    Health and Safety at Work (Health and Safety Representatives and Committees) Amendment Bill First reading
    Security Information in Proceedings Legislation Bill/ Security Information in Proceedings (Repeals and Amendments) Bill Third readings continued

Māori Purposes Bill Third reading

Remuneration Authority Legislation Bill Third reading
    Statutes Amendment Bill Third reading

Organic Products and Production Bill Committee stage, third reading
    Natural Hazards Insurance Bill Committee stage, third reading
    Digital Identity Services Trust Framework Bill Committee stage, third reading

Civil Aviation Bill Second reading Committee stage, third reading
    Last edited by Balance; 23-03-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Complete abuse of power - Nov 2022 : 24 bills rammed through under urgency.

Hiding in them was of course the 3 Waters bill to transfer councils’ water assets to Maori co-governance. Nothing to do with Covid but everything to do with Ardern & Hipkins wanting to appease the Maori cabal against the wishes of the majority of NZers.

Residential Tenancies (Healthy Homes Standards) Amendment Bill All stages
    Land Transport (Clean Vehicles) Amendment Bill (No 2) All stages
    Social Security (Accommodation Supplement) Amendment Bill All stages

COVID-19 Public Health Response (Extension of Act and Reduction of Powers) Amendment Bill All stages
    Dairy Industry Restructuring (Fonterra Capital Restructuring) Amendment Bill Committee stage, third reading
    Climate Change Response (Extension of Penalty Transition for Forestry Activities with Low Volume Emissions Liabilities) Amendment Bill Committee stage, third reading

Arms (Licence Holders' Applications for New Licences) Amendment Bill Second reading, committee stage, third reading
    Companies (Levies) Amendment Bill Committee stage, third reading
    Grocery Industry Competition Bill First reading

Water Services Entities Bill Committee stage

Fuel Industry Amendment Bill First reading
    Crown Minerals Amendment Bill First reading
    Local Government Official Information and Meetings Amendment Bill First reading

Legal Services Amendment Bill First reading
    Accident Compensation (Access Reporting and Other Matters) Amendment Bill First reading
    Health and Safety at Work (Health and Safety Representatives and Committees) Amendment Bill First reading
    Security Information in Proceedings Legislation Bill/ Security Information in Proceedings (Repeals and Amendments) Bill Third readings continued

Māori Purposes Bill Third reading

Remuneration Authority Legislation Bill Third reading
    Statutes Amendment Bill Third reading

Organic Products and Production Bill Committee stage, third reading
    Natural Hazards Insurance Bill Committee stage, third reading
    Digital Identity Services Trust Framework Bill Committee stage, third reading

Civil Aviation Bill Second reading Committee stage, third reading
    Morning Balance, you are mistaking policies for projects. I also see the list you posted says 3rd reading.

Labour also had an outright majority.
    Not a little over 5% that ACT & NZF have that are behind some of this stuff.

And I don't agree with Labour circumventing good democratic process as much as I don't like NAFT doing it.

This continuous argument that two wrongs make a right just doesn't stack up.
    It was wrong the first time and it's wrong now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Morning Balance, you are mistaking policies for projects. I also see the list you posted says 3rd reading.

Labour also had an outright majority.
    Not a little over 5% that ACT & NZF have that are behind some of this stuff.

And I don't agree with Labour circumventing good democratic process as much as I don't like NAFT doing it.

This continuous argument that two wrongs make a right just doesn't stack up.
    It was wrong the first time and it's wrong now.
    Deafening silence from the woke leftists and losers when Labour was in power and ramming BS, spin and laws down the throats of NZers.

Those who kept quiet during the Ardern era of deceit, power abuse and arrogance forfeited their right to say anything now as far as morality and decency of purpose are concerned.

No point them squealing like rats caught in their own rats' traps - hypocrisy is the worse form of behaviour and the woke left is nothing but hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-03-2024 at 10:56 AM.

Deafening silence from the woke leftists and losers when Labour was in power and ramming BS, spin and laws down the throats of NZers.

Those who kept quiet during the Ardern era of deceit, power abuse and arrogance forfeited their right to say anything now as far as morality and decency of purpose are concerned.

No point them squealing like rats caught in their own rats' traps - hypocrisy is the worse form of behaviour and the woke left is nothing but hypocrisy.
    Wrong thread.
    Glad you agree its an abuse of power at least, as this is what I raised in the first place.
    Thanks for backing me up big guy.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Wrong thread.
    Glad you agree its an abuse of power at least, as this is what I raised in the first place.
    Thanks for backing me up big guy.
    And where were you when Ardern & Labour were ramming through laws and the Maori BS down the throats of NZers?

Care to show us one of your posts condemning them?

And where were you when Ardern & Labour were ramming through laws and the Maori BS down the throats of NZers?

Care to show us one of your posts condemning them?
    I'm not even sure I was posting around that time.
    But as I said you are confusing policy, which was read through parliament, with private project approval that will be at the discretion of one minister.

These are two quite dramatically different things. Applications made directly to the minister! It's just ridiculous!
    The arrogance to they think they have the right to some self appointed kingship.

Hopefully some constitutional lawyers get stuck in and they are forced to pull their heads in.

Labour also had an outright majority whereas none of the coalition come close to that.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

So they're as bad as Labour? why the change.