sharetrader
Page 227 of 316 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3153
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Do those figures include duties and State Taxes? Stamp duty on property in Australia is pretty high for example.

In NZ we need to adjust the tax brackets higher and offset that with a CGT & inheritance tax.

I wouldn't mind paying more tax like Scandinavian countries do if we got the services they do as well, but I can't see that happening as all NZ Governments spend money poorly on average.
    Their definition is tax paid to “general government” so I think it would include local government, state government and national government.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 27-03-2024 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Their definition is tax paid to “general government” so I think it would include local government, state government and national government,
    I'm just surprised NZ is ranked so high in property taxes. We don't really pay property tax other than rates.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It is just too funny to watch the squealing about the tax cuts and how they will be inflationary. How often have we heard this argument used when Governments have announced announced new expenditure, often just a total waste that achieves absolutely nothing ? Latest example only a couple of days ago when the Government announced increased early childhood support. Did any media or Labour supporter's on here slam it as inflationary ?
    I think we should just wait for the Budget and see what they intend to do.
    I wish it was pearls before swine but I think it's more like swine then resign.
    "Tax cuts will mean deeper cuts to New Zealand's public services - which as the disability community found out last week actually directly affects people's day to day lives - but also it means inflation will stay higher for longer because there's simply no way they're going to be able to meet all of the commitments ."..1 hour ago rnz

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I wish it was pearls before swine but I think it's more like swine then resign.
    "Tax cuts will mean deeper cuts to New Zealand's public services - which as the disability community found out last week actually directly affects people's day to day lives - but also it means inflation will stay higher for longer because there's simply no way they're going to be able to meet all of the commitments ."..1 hour ago rnz
    RNZ :-) :-)
    Firstly, there were NO CUTS for funding for the disability community last week, however often people like you and RNZ repeat that lie. The Government was working on the Budget set by the last Government which was fast running out because there were no rules as to how that money should be spent. Surprise, surprise.
    Then "there's simply no way they're going to be able to meet all of their commitments". Well of course they could just do what Robertson did and continue on with the excessive spending and put it on the credit card. Hopefully Nicola is more responsible. We sure need her to be, now that the full picture of last 6 years of mismanagement is being laid bare..

RNZ :-) :-)
    Firstly, there were NO CUTS for funding for the disability community last week, however often people like you and RNZ repeat that lie. The Government was working on the Budget set by the last Government which was fast running out because there were no rules as to how that money should be spent. Surprise, surprise.
    Then "there's simply no way they're going to be able to meet all of their commitments". Well of course they could just do what Robertson did and continue on with the excessive spending and put it on the credit card. Hopefully Nicola is more responsible. We sure need her to be, now that the full picture of last 6 years of mismanagement is being laid bare..
    Of course there are cuts.
    BS subterfuge from the Government.
    I already know of disabled people having to cancel their overseas flights as they can't afford to take their carer with them without the Government payment.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

I already know of disabled people having to cancel their overseas flights as they can't afford to take their carer with them without the Government payment.
    In time of austerity and tight budgets, working families are having to make sacrifices and I know of many who have postponed or cancelled overseas trips in favour of domestic trips/holidays.

The budget allocated to Disability Community (by Labour) has run low and so, sacrifices have to be made via reallocation of what's left so that the disabled needs are prioritized.

Or should the government just keep topping up?

Where are the cuts? If anyone is to be blamed, it's Labour for not allocating enough in the first place in last year's budget.

Meanwhile, Labour by Hipkins' own admission spent big on Kiwibuild and Auckland Light Rail , knowing full well they were undeliverable projects, with bugger all to show for the hundreds of millions $$$$$$$$$$$ spending. Just keep topping up and wasting the money.

Most transparent government ever!
    Last edited by Balance; 27-03-2024 at 08:26 PM.

IMO

Gawd the stench from BlubberBalances every time it opens up it's orifice and plays a one eyed tune,"... because I'm whaling,wailing,whaling"
    I guess all will be revealed soon,but it's looking grim for this country ,especially governed by this coalition of chaos cannibals,their credibility has gone and their timing couldn't be worse.

Dilettante

You are BS-ing once again. There have been no cuts to the overall budget. The previous Government that you supported every step of the way, helicoptered in money that disappeared really quickly because they had no rules for it. It didn't last anywhere near the 12 months it was supposed to last. So you are simply lying when you say there have been cuts. The money the previous Government budgeted has simply been prioritised, as it should have been from the beginning. Labour never budgeted for the carer you mention, to go on an overseas trip. It was "first in best dressed" and of course the money run out. Do you really not get that ?
    Last edited by iceman; 27-03-2024 at 10:57 PM.

Guru

You are BS-ing once again. There have been no cuts to the overall budget. The previous Government that you supported every step of the way, helicoptered in money that disappeared really quickly because they had no rules for it. It didn't last anywhere near the 12 months it was supposed to last. So you are simply lying when you say there have been cuts. The money the previous Government budgeted has simply been prioritised, as it should have been from the beginning. Labour never budgeted for the carer you mention, to go on an overseas trip. It was "first in best dressed" and of course the money run out. Do you really not get that ?
    Who cares if there are cuts. Cut as far as I am concerned and give tax cuts. The beauracracy is far too large as it stands. It can halve for all I care. Let people decide what they do with their own money. Safety net for sure, but not a lifestyle.

Shows glaringly the mindset of Labour and its supporters :

1. Spend recklessly & wastefully with no limits and no accountability, no restraint, no set budget

and

2. Load up with debt

and

3. Tax with no restraint.