sharetrader
Page 251 of 320 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3195
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    So allowing landlords to kick out tenants at will will solve the rental situation and is good for tenants?
    How out of touch can Bishop be?
    Looting from those with the least as usual. No tax on CGT & restored interest deducibility just isn't enough for them.

They simply must have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    You are happy when any people go to Australia from NZ.
    I am happy for them that they are taking their skills, experience and hardworking ethic to a country which appreciates them and will give them and their families an excellent future - free from the woke policies of racial, social & economic divisions which now doom NZ towards 2nd world status.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The new legislation does no such thing as "allowing landlords to kick out tenants at will". Landlords will have to give 42 days notice and tenants only have to give landlords 21 days notice.. The previous legislation was nuts, giving all power to tenants and allowing unruly tenants to behave however they wanted. That has now changed and not before time.
    For most landlords and tenants, this change will make no difference at all as they have had a long term good relationship which is likely to continue.
    I have no experience yet as either a landlord or tenant, apart from renting from a family member for six months. What will the situation be if a good tenant has done everything they are contracted to do, but the Landlord does not like hearing that the tenant has been campaigning for the Green Party, for example. Will the landlord be able to evict under a “no cause” eviction, and immediately re-tenant the property to new tenants? Could the no cause eviction be used to get the “right sort” of tenant, racially, sexual orientation, or political affiliation?

As more families have gradually become priced out of home ownership, It does appear that establishing a stable home as a renter could become more difficult for some under no cause evictions. As unstable homes, and disconnection from the community may contribute to increased criminal activity, I hope the reform does not lead to further problems later on.

Did “no cause” terminations lead to increased housing supply in the past?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am happy for them that they are taking their skills, experience and hardworking ethic to a country which appreciates them and will give them and their families an excellent future - free from the woke policies of racial, social & economic divisions which now doom NZ towards 2nd world status.
    The coalition need hard working kiwis to stay and enable their policies to bear fruit. Give them a chance to make changes!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The new legislation does no such thing as "allowing landlords to kick out tenants at will". Landlords will have to give 42 days notice and tenants only have to give landlords 21 days notice.. The previous legislation was nuts, giving all power to tenants and allowing unruly tenants to behave however they wanted. That has now changed and not before time.
    For most landlords and tenants, this change will make no difference at all as they have had a long term good relationship which is likely to continue.
    They can give a 'no reason' eviction of 90 days also (back to what it was before Labour changed it).
    You are correct that most won't use it - so why is it important to change it?

What it does do, though, is allow LLs a further hold over tenants - you complain and I'll kick you out. This was used before to great effect.

Guru

Pray tell - why are you still in NZ?
    You may have a holiday home somewhere but it seems that NZ is still your 'home'.

Guru

Certainly, the pay and conditions are better in Australia - hard-won gains by unions (which National destroyed years back).
    National seems keen to further reduce workers' rights and seems to support businesses presiding over a low-wage economy.

Certainly, the pay and conditions are better in Australia - hard-won gains by unions (which National destroyed years back).
    National seems keen to further reduce workers' rights and seems to support businesses presiding over a low-wage economy.
    All the better to drive Aotearoa to 2nd world status faster.

And all the better to drive more young, skilled, experienced and hardworking NZers to Australia.

Last edited by Balance; 12-04-2024 at 06:48 PM.

Guru

They can give a 'no reason' eviction of 90 days also (back to what it was before Labour changed it).

What it does do, though, is allow LLs a further hold over tenants - you complain and I'll kick you out. This was used before to great effect.
    If I own a property, I should have an avenue available to stop renting my property without having to invent a reason.

Rental providers = Landlords = Exploiters of tenants = Labour's divisive social agenda to disharmonious Aotearoa

This is how Labour & the Greens & dobby41 want tenancy rules - NO EVICTION irrespective of how unruly, anti-social and destructive tenants are.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...000-complaints

"Kāinga Ora has yet to cancel any tenancies or evict a single tenant since it was instructed to more vigourously employ the law against unruly renters.

The housing agency has, however, moved 113 households, although it admits about half of those are tenants who have chosen to move away from their disruptive neighbours."

“The lack of action or consequences is as breathtaking as the arrogance of those who are responsible for it.”

“How on earth is it sound policy to allow gang members to behave in the manner they do, in a state house, paid for by the taxpayer, with zero repercussions?”

Last edited by Balance; 12-04-2024 at 07:03 PM.