sharetrader
Page 253 of 328 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3275
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is somebody’s home. You can sell it. You can move into it yourself. Why would you want to own an empty rental property? It is the no cause eviction we are discussing.
    Ok, so I can just say I want to move into it then. And then when they move out, I decide I will just leave it vacant.

That ok then?

Why I might want to stop renting my property is nobody’s business really. It is my property.

Yes, I need to give reasonable notice as human beings are using it for shelter…but it is still my property. To rent or not.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Ok, so I can just say I want to move into it then. And then when they move out, I decide I will just leave it vacant.

That ok then?

Why I might want to stop renting my property is nobody’s business really. It is my property.

Yes, I need to give reasonable notice as human beings are using it for shelter…but it is still my property. To rent or not.
    So the “human beings” use your rental property just for “shelter”, not as their home?

Here in Auckland I think almost 50% of households are tenanted. I would surprised if some didn’t regard the houses where they live as more than just shelter. However this is Auckland so expectations may be quite low with respect to housing in general.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 13-04-2024 at 12:34 PM.

Guru

So the “human beings” use your rental property just for “shelter”, not as their home?
    It is irrelevant whether you want to refer to it as it actually is (shelter) or use an emotive term (home).

The relevant point is that I own the shelter/home.

And I should have an avenue to stop renting it out to someone without having to make up a reason.

Yes, a reasonable notice period needs to be given. I think 3 months is reasonable.

You are trying to make a ‘big thing’ out of nothing. You should have gotten a job with Paddy while the going was still good if ‘making news’ is your business.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    All the better to drive Aotearoa to 2nd world status faster.

And all the better to drive more young, skilled, experienced and hardworking NZers to Australia.
    Yes - this seems to be what National and the Coalition of Chaos is working on.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I do not see anything inspirational, uplifting and bold from this coalition government to lift NZ from the deep malaise that the country has sunk into. Where is the vision for New Zealand?
    That's what you voted for - you were warned.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have been a small landlord for 20 years and have had my fair share of terrible tenants.
    I have been a smallish landlord for many years and have had to evict 1 tenant for behavior - they were evicted via the TT not just 90-day no-excuse.
    Have good properties, choose good tenants and all is good so far as I've experienced.

Guru

My question was slightly different. Would housing supply be increased as a result? Or, would the increased demand for rental properties be at the expense of pricing out owner occupiers, in our perennially constrained supply of new housing for our increasing population..
    My point earlier - LLs should be incentivized to build new rather than recycle chairs on the Titanic.
    The previous tax deductibility settings (Labour) for new houses did this - the new settings don't.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    It is irrelevant whether you want to refer to it as it actually is (shelter) or use an emotive term (home).

The relevant point is that I own the shelter/home.

And I should have an avenue to stop renting it out to someone without having to make up a reason.

Yes, a reasonable notice period needs to be given. I think 3 months is reasonable.

You are trying to make a ‘big thing’ out of nothing. You should have gotten a job with Paddy while the going was still good if ‘making news’ is your business.
    Exactly. Property rights. You own the property. You can do what you like with it.

3 months is perfectly reasonable.

Heck next Bjauck and others will be advocating that your personal vehicle is actually not yours and certain conditions are attached.

You rightly point out that it is totally irrelevant whether it is a shelter, home or haven. That's just emotive nonsense and playing semantics.

Either we have property rights or we don't.

p.s I am a small landlord. Most tenants are great. But you need to be able to be selective and also not have to make up a BS reason if you want your house back.
    I look after tenants that look after my place. It's symbiotic and works well. They don't get annual rates increases and if there is one it is well below market.
    The tenants that do not look after the place, out they go.
    Last edited by blackcap; 13-04-2024 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    That's what you voted for - you were warned.
    I have zero problem or issue with voting them in vs allowing the likes of you voting Hapless Hipkins & his useless incompetents back in for another term to drive NZ rapidly into 2nd world status within the next 2 years.

This government will slow down the decline but the cancer of racial, social & economic divisions induced by Labour over the last 6 years is too widespread and terminal to reverse.

Meanwhile, best we encourage our hardworking young, skilled and experienced to migrate to Australia for a better future for them
    & their families.
    Last edited by Balance; 13-04-2024 at 01:59 PM.

It is somebody’s home. You can sell it. You can move into it yourself. Why would you want to own an empty rental property? It is the no cause eviction we are discussing.
    Eviction?

90 days’ notice to vacant is not eviction - it is perfectly reasonable and allows for plenty of time to seek alternative accommodation.

As for home, any accomodation can be home when a tenant is renting. It is how they make it a home.