sharetrader
Page 267 of 329 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3281
    Guru

You forgot the queues for Lotto.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Yeah, I'm out of touch all right.

My time volunteering in Citizens Advice and Budget Advisory means nothing.

I'm out touch with what people waste their money on, bad prioritization, but expect others to bail them out.

I'm out of touch when l watch How to eat better for less, and see the gross excess some live by.

I'm out of touch when l shop at the supermarket and see what people fill their trundlers with.

I'm out of touch when l hear solo mothers with 2 kids netting $1200 a week from the taxpayer, more than a serving Police constable.

I'm out of touch with the time l spent in Otara, and when l revisit 3 times a year to see all the money spent on take aways in the Otara shopping centre.

I really should get out more.

What about you?
    Yeah nobody ever wants to talk about the bad decisions people make with the money they do have which makes their hard situation infinitely harder.

Not allowed to talk about personal responsibility or you are out of touch or racist.

There are very few people in this country who literally don’t have enough money for the basics.

Plenty of people crying poverty and have an easy avenue with our left wing media…but a lot of those people always seem to have plenty of money for a things takeaways, ciggies, weed, booze.

I have people in my own family who are broke, whinging about how tough life is…yet they never admit they the crap they waste their money on has been the biggest determinant of their current life situation.

We are expected to believe they everyone who is broke is a victim you see. And the plan to help these ‘victims’ is to drag everyone else down to to further subsidise their choices.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yeah nobody ever wants to talk about the bad decisions people make with the money they do have which makes their hard situation infinitely harder.

Not allowed to talk about personal responsibility or you are out of touch or racist.

There are very few people in this country who literally don’t have enough money for the basics.

Plenty of people crying poverty and have an easy avenue with our left wing media…but a lot of those people always seem to have plenty of money for a things takeaways, ciggies, weed, booze.

I have people in my own family who are broke, whinging about how tough life is…yet they never admit they the crap they waste their money on has been the biggest determinant of their current life situation.

We are expected to believe they everyone who is broke is a victim you see. And the plan to help these ‘victims’ is to drag everyone else down to to further subsidise their choices.
    Victims especially when they are BROWN, according to the brown elites and the woke leftists who cry victimisation and discrimination at anyone and anything remotely criticising said victims for their behaviour.

If they are sick, it’s because they are marginalised - nothing to do with their lifestyle.

If they are poor, it’s because they are marginalised - nothing to do with having umpteen number of children with umpteen number of absconding fathers.

And so on and so forth.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-04-2024 at 08:13 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Victims especially when they are BROWN, according to the brown elites and the woke leftists who cry victimisation and discrimination at anyone and anything remotely criticising said victims for their behaviour.

If they are sick, it’s because they are marginalised - nothing to do with their lifestyle.

If they are poor, it’s because they are marginalised - nothing to do with having umpteen number of children with umpteen number of absconding fathers.

And so on and so forth.
    Yes, all very sad…and all very true.

Guru

NZ definitely needs more financial literacy and budgeting education. It means that kids actually need to regularly turn up to school after a good night’s sleep in a healthy secure home in a safe neighbourhood, and after a nutritious breakfast.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    So there it was on Q & A this morning.

An unashamed address from the head boy and girl of Manurewa college, directed at David Seymour (NZ taxpayers) that he was out of touch by being in Epsom, and did not understand why school lunches should still be provided by taxpayers.

Will those head students now make a media statement directed at parents who definitely don't watch Q&A, reminding them of their obligations to feed their children, and prepare them properly for school?

Or would that be un PC?

Is it a case of We breed, You feed us?

Attarower sinking further into the mire eh?
    But there is hope for you Getty. You could go to a course like they are advertising here at the Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology to get some "accurate" information about the Tiriti and "help you reflect on your place in this discussion"

Tangata Tiriti.jpg
    Last edited by iceman; 22-04-2024 at 01:18 AM.

Advanced Member

I beg redemption.

If Labour Greens were still in government, I'd have been rounded up by now, and sent to reunification camp!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    . It means that kids actually need to regularly turn up to school after a good night’s sleep in a healthy secure home in a safe neighbourhood, and after a nutritious breakfast.
    So long as the taxpayer isn’t expected to pay for all of that then yes, agreed.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    NZ definitely needs more financial literacy and budgeting education. It means that kids actually need to regularly turn up to school after a good night’s sleep in a healthy secure home in a safe neighbourhood, and after a nutritious breakfast.
    So long as the taxpayer isn’t expected to pay for all of that then yes, agreed.
    Are you suggesting that Landlords should stop getting accommodation supplements, education should not be funded, and the police disbanded?

Pathetic effort by Labour Opposition led by Hapless Hipkins & the Maori cabal to try & tar the government over regulatory imperatives to lift NZ’s economic performance with favouring donors.

The very same Labour Party which receives donations from the trade unions and pass legislations to favour them to retard NZ’s economic performance. That’s how pathetically hypocritical and immoral the Labour Party is.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...al-says-labour