sharetrader
Page 51 of 278 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Again misquoting me. Its obviously a deliberate underhand tactic to try & score points. You should play for the Aussie cricket team!
    I said many not all.
    Split hairs all you like, my main point, clearly, is that you are making out David Seymour is the 'serpent in the garden' in all of this. He isn't. To find the people who created this climate you need to go back to whoever invented 'the principles of the treaty'.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    What 'figment of (his) imagination' are you talking about?
    A referendum.

Guru

A referendum.
    It's a real thing. I'd sooner 'the people' decide these matters than a cabal of colluding activists, judges, and politicians. Are we going to be one unified democratic country, or not?

Guru

Statements on who may or not be balanced are just versions of ad hominem attacks. If you say one person is balanced then the clear insinuation is that there are others who are not. As Maori ceded sovereignty to the British Crown in turn for certain important rights & privileges then discussion in this thread on this topic should be a very short one. How did we get into the situation of having these invented 'principles of the treaty', including one that says that Maori and the government are 'in partnership' together? This is the crux of the matter. There is the seed and the grwoing sprout of any division that exists.
    A balanced person would say "what you state is demonstrably correct" and acknowledge that the matter needs to be cleared up if the country has any hope at all of moving forward as a unified whole. Instead we have the mixed approach of either suggesting that we must give in to the 'partnership' (co-governance) drive in the interests of peace, or alternatively that we must say that no issue actually exists.

I wonder if the 'balanced' people could advise on how the government is expected to govern when there is no clarity on whether the populace, the courts, and the bureaucracy can agree that they are in a co-governance partnership with another party. Please enlighten me on how they should proceed in the absence of such fundamental constitutional clarity.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 02-12-2023 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Split hairs all you like, my main point, clearly, is that you are making out David Seymour is the 'serpent in the garden' in all of this. He isn't. To find the people who created this climate you need to go back to whoever invented 'the principles of the treaty'.
    Misquoting someone repeatedly is not splitting hairs. It displays your lack of integrity for everyone to see. Just because you are behind a handle it doesn't absolve you of what write.

I wonder if many on here would openly say what they write hidden in obscurity.

Me, it wouldn't worry me one bit.

Haere ra

Guru

Misquoting someone repeatedly is not splitting hairs. It displays your lack of integrity for everyone to see. Just because you are behind a handle it doesn't absolve you of what write.

Haere ra
    At this point you are just engaging in more ad hominem attacks. Since cries of "racist" did not dissuade me from making cogent arguments you now focus on some exceedingly minor grammatical distinctions around 'many' and 'all' and inflate that into a fundamental lack of integrity. And it's all beside the point that I was trying to make. Anyway, I've come to expect this sort of rubbish from you.

Guru

Haere ra

Day Trader, what were the main takeaways for you when you read 'How to win friends and influence people'?

Looks like you have multiple threads where you are making a bit of a Pillock of yourself.

Haere ra
    Kia ora Daytr
    You have been fighting the good fight for some time on this thread. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere. So I offer you some perhapses.

Perhaps a significant proportion of New Zealanders did it hard as a result of (....insert reason that suits your politics)

Perhaps it is simply inherent in human nature to envy any other readily identifiable group who don't seem to be doing it as hard or who seem to be getting advantages or capturing resoources that your group isn't.

Perhaps the right has managed to successfully weaponise this tendency in NZ as in many other places over recent years and has (narrowly) gained power as a result.

Perhaps there will be some changes in the rhetoric and "big policy", but little change in what is delivered on the ground.

Perhaps many posters on this site and almost all on this thread are 'true believers' who will never change their beliefs no matter what you say and no matter how things actually play out.

Perhaps you can find more productive, satisfying and fun things to do on an overcast Sunday.

Perhaps I can go fishing, or perhaps I should start staining my deck.

deleted deleted
    Last edited by Balance; 03-12-2023 at 11:07 AM.

Example of the sort of mess made by Ardern, Hipkins and the Labour government - they added hundreds more civil servants in Kainga Ora (another Maori name now associated with failure like te WTF Ora), billions of dollars to the wasteful spending and still cannot deliver what they promised to do - deliver kiwibuild homes in the numbers and in the price ranges.

Lots of clean up to do for the incoming government.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/301...illion-bailout

"The Government has paid a major developer $37.8 million in a land deal, after it allegedly threatened to openly flout its legal obligations and sell scores of KiwiBuild homes out from underneath anxious buyers. Documents released to Stuff under the Official Information Act show that developers The Neighbourhood Ormiston told Kāinga Ora (KO) they were on the brink of receivership and would need assistance. Cabinet ministers allowed the housing agency to pay up against the advice of the Treasury, after being warned of "reputational damages" the debacle could cause to the KiwiBuild programme."