sharetrader
Page 89 of 256 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Comvita - CVT

The Kid

True. Depends how much of their Manuka honey is derived from Leptospermum scoparium or the other 82 species of Leptospermum present in Australia?

Is it relevant to add, that all these problems affect Honey producers, and that CVT being one of the larger companies would be the best to withstand all the dramas and come out the other side better for it?

This is of course the biggest basket case of my portfolio. The drama queen of my pics.

IMO

Scientists have developed a process to certify West Australian honey with medicinal and antimicrobial properties, which will rival New Zealand's famous Manuka honey

Certified medicinal honey

IMO

Comvita being proactive negotiating with Capilano to get a slice.

icon-abc-article Liquid gold rush beckons as search begins for best antimicrobial honey

Whew!!!

CEO Scott Coulter came out saying (and I paraphrase here)
    All good - they have this problem in Tasmania.... check this out...
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/CVT/announcements/303173

Shares climbed up towards the $6 mark this afternoon then settled down to $5.87 Probably in another ooh 8 months we will see if the bees want to come back to work. Fingers crossed.

Why would you draw any comfort from what Scott Coulter has to say in regard to predicting the future ? Lets have a look at his track record. If I remember correctly it was about this time last year he said tax and regulatory changes in China weren't having any effect on CVT so that's a shocker predication of how things actually turned out for 2016.
    Next let's have a look at his track record in 2017. In January they came out with a shocker downgrade based on horrible weather events and a dramatic downturn in sales to China but then subsequent to that even after all the shock weather event news should have been known and factored in already, came out with an absolute belter of a downgrade about another $13m from memory. Even his short term ability to predict the future has proven to be extremely unreliable so why would anyone think his ability to pick the long term effects of myrtle rust be any better !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Why would you draw any comfort from what Scott Coulter has to say in regard to predicting the future ? Lets have a look at his track record. If I remember correctly it was about this time last year he said tax and regulatory changes in China weren't having any effect on CVT so that's a shocker predication of how things actually turned out for 2016.
    Next let's have a look at his track record in 2017. In January they came out with a shocker downgrade based on horrible weather events and a dramatic downturn in sales to China but then subsequent to that even after all the shock weather event news should have been known and factored in already, came out with an absolute belter of a downgrade about another $13m from memory. Even his short term ability to predict the future has proven to be extremely unreliable so why would anyone think his ability to pick the long term effects of myrtle rust be any better !
    to be fair Beagle, he is basing that view on myrtle impact on a real life outcome as per Australia so it seems a reasonable prophecy.
    But that said it doesnt change my view that the problem is in the distribution lines and the integrity of the product , which I dont see MPI standards having much relevance to
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

For the record, this is not my favorite share pic from my portfolio. I'm gritting my teeth on this one. I would say I've been a bit burnt on this one, and there is a good chance I'll be selling at a loss eventually. We will have to see.

Veteran novice

Some big investors taking a punt on West Australian honey.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-0...ction=business

Guru

Just in Hon Hun Station in HK on the train to Guangzhou. In the past was a reasonable size Comvita display and range of products, and sometimes with a merchandiser to try to push you into Comvita products. All gone now and only Manuka honey is Australian.