quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor
I thought that i would bring this old post of mine back now that blame is about to be placed on who pays for what in the courts.
1, do we blame the home owner for being so stupid. YES.
2, Do we blame the people that changed the building rules without any practical knowledge. YES
3, I always refused to build this type of home do we blame the builders that did, when they should have known better. YES
4, Do we blame the people that extorts money at a ridiculous rate who issues the permits and inspects those leaky homes. yes
5, The people that changed the rules first the inspectors second the builder third and the home owner last. I think all are equally responsible and should pay in equal ammounts.
To fix the problem change the code back to the seventies before this all started. Pointless having a leaky gaurantee on a house of twenty years when the sealants round the windows have a thirteen year gaurantee. The master builders association are most at fault how many of their home of the year awards are leaky homes?. I have looked on in horror at what they have given awards to over the years.
macdunk
MacD – you’ve left someone off your list – the designer / architect. So many consumers rely on the expertise of these people to have a design that is going to last the test of time – except these people continued to design homes which were not built to keep out the elements. They will no doubt say their designs were within the “Rules” – but they shouldn’t hide behind dodgy rules. I’d be putting these people at the top of your list!