sharetrader
Page 143 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2408

Hybrid View

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    ""We have carefully invested in high demand inventory using our strong 30 June
    2021 cash position which we expect to rebuild in the second half of the
    financial year as deferred income during the lockdowns is fully recovered...."

They have signaled that they have used the cash
    Aye - all that cash cps thats been referred to is now inventory per share! Thats fine - cant sell what you cant stock. But they will have bought less stock for the equivalent amount of cash given steel prices. That says to me the big arbitrage they got in prices might not be there in future results. And if steel prices fall, well, that can likewise take straight away from the bottom line. But at least volumes should be robust enough for a while yet.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Aye - all that cash cps thats been referred to is now inventory per share! Thats fine - cant sell what you cant stock. But they will have bought less stock for the equivalent amount of cash given steel prices. That says to me the big arbitrage they got in prices might not be there in future results. And if steel prices fall, well, that can likewise take straight away from the bottom line. But at least volumes should be robust enough for a while yet.
    And to think I thought with shipping issues,prices going up,having stock when others are out of stock, they would be making windfall profits,and another upgrade in January..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 17-12-2021 at 01:53 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And to think I thought with shipping issues,prices going up,having stock when others are out of stock, they would be making windfall profits,and another upgrade in January..lol.

Looks to me STU are "well positioned," as I feel NZ faces much the same issues as our Australian cousins.
    https://sendy.tarawera.co.nz/l/J6oLV...zz192bf9wy763w
    Last edited by percy; 18-12-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Veteran novice

Looks to me STU are "well positioned," as I feel NZ faces much the same issues as our Australian cousins.
    Yes, it's a world-wide problem. I would think, though, that Australia is somewhat better placed with a more mature/diversified steel industry than NZ.

Dilettante

Sober reading and this is why I have been out of retailers, bar a very small number of HLG, for a while now. This has been on the horizon for a few months but I feel many people are under estimating what all these shortages and price increases may do to many companies.

Advanced Member

There’s no doubt they are making windfall profits and the near term is quite good. It will be good to get some guidance for the YE (I dont have a feel for it). Im thinking the easy gain and pain comes from movement in steel prices as straight to the bottom line, as opposed to uplifts or falls in volumes.

No expert in steel prices. These caught my eye:

https://capital.com/amp/steel-price-...-rally-is-over

https://www.afr.com/world/asia/china...0211214-p59hl5
    Last edited by Muse; 17-12-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sober reading and this is why I have been out of retailers, bar a very small number of HLG, for a while now. This has been on the horizon for a few months but I feel many people are under estimating what all these shortages and price increases may do to many companies.
    Retail has actually been a nice home for money in 2021 (bar HLG) but yes I am increasingly thinking retail is no good for 2022

What are people's thoughts on impact on STU due to the anticipated residential construction slowdown as a result of all the lending tightening?
    Is STU exposed to residential construction, if so by how much?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobestm View Post
    What are people's thoughts on impact on STU due to the anticipated residential construction slowdown as a result of all the lending tightening?
    Is STU exposed to residential construction, if so by how much?
    According to recent pressos:
    * Residential construction: 21% sales in FY21 (june 21 financial year), up from 15% in FY20
    * Non residential construction: 26% FY21 / 24% FY20
    * Infrastructure: 14% FY21 / 13% FY20
    * Non food manufacturing: 19% fy21, 24% FY20
    * Food manufacturing: 12% FY21 / 14% FY20
    * Retail/wholesale: 8% FY21 10% FY20

Or even more summarised:
    * 47% residential & commercial construction
    * 14% infrastructure
    * 31% manufacturing
    * 8% merchants / other.

Some FY22 market outlook commentary from the November 2021 investor presentation
    * residential expected to flatten due to expected interest rate rises & supply/demand imbalanced slowing reducing w/ borders closed
    * commercial seeing positive uplift in consents & significant increase in tenders coming to the market
    * infrastructure continuing to build due to significant under investment
    * expanding manufacturing sector
    Last edited by Muse; 19-12-2021 at 08:42 AM. Reason: additional data

Love that winner69. Yes we are on the verge of something great. We will be rewarded and that graph is going to go up up up. Let’s revisit this post in a year. Closed $1.47
    Last edited by Shareguy; 20-12-2021 at 08:54 PM.