sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    They are complimentary businesses, very synergistic - one east coast, one west coast. It will create a nice enterprise focussed ISP and data centre business. AMM is a better fit with VOC than with TPG who would be the other likely contender to purchase it. IIN could have bought it years ago, but sold its shareholding instead. The consumer market is pretty much all wrapped up now, its a three horse race between Telstra, Optus and iiNet. The business market is the next battleground - MNF, MTU, TPG, IIN, AMM, VOC - all aiming to take share of Telstra and Optus.

Thanks for that KW, yes I have had amm on my watchlist for a month or so, I was really considering it while it was in the 1.80 range, however enede up buying other things, I think I will see how the merger plays out and pick up some VOC. Its going to be an interesting watch.

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    They are complimentary businesses, very synergistic - one east coast, one west coast. It will create a nice enterprise focussed ISP and data centre business. AMM is a better fit with VOC than with TPG who would be the other likely contender to purchase it. IIN could have bought it years ago, but sold its shareholding instead. The consumer market is pretty much all wrapped up now, its a three horse race between Telstra, Optus and iiNet. The business market is the next battleground - MNF, MTU, TPG, IIN, AMM, VOC - all aiming to take share of Telstra and Optus.

I have been out of VOC for a while [kicking myself] but should take another good look at it.
    Almost bought VOC a few years back at 1.80....

Been watching MTU, AMM for sometime and think the NBN mid tiers have significant scale potential.

IMO

VOC is a good home and I'm planning on adding more.